Custom exhaust for my A6 c6 2.7 tdi avant

Jordy90

Hi there,

i have just got my Audi A6 avant 2.7 tdi Le Mans edition I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent exhaust places in the Surrey area to get some sort of upgrade done and which exhaust system to get ?!? Always had an interest in doing up a car and now finally have the car I want to do it to. 

So any advice is good advice. 

Firstly, let me commend your choice of wheels - What a Stirling example of a solid, powerful and all-round lovely motor! No surprises then, when I disclose that I too have the 2008 A6 S-Line Le-Mans edition in Mizanno Red (and yes, I do Love my shiney Big Red Audi and have no shame in admitting it! lol). My car has the 3.0 tdi power-plant and flappy-paddle 'fun-flaps' for when the mood so takes me; otherwise I think it's safe to assume you and I both drive the same vehicle.

I have had a couple of aftermarket mods' fitted to my A6:

• Bluetooth capability for my MMI 2 based sound system, though most relevantly to your enquiry ...
  • Audi Dynamic Exhaust System
    Which, for reference is the single piece stainless steel (manifold to back-box) performance exhaust system specifically designed for high performance diesel moterway mile-munchers like you and I have. Essentially, the exhaust system is fitted with two computer controlled oscillating butterfly valves (one in each pipe after they split) which are controlled by the central engine management system in synchronisation with the cycle of the pistons in order.

If I recall, the single piece exhaust and fitting cost about £1800 around a year and a half ago by HazzyDays Ltd. in St. Albans. I realise that's a bit of a trek from anywhere on the other side of the 'Big-Smoke' to Surry, but remember you're driving a lovely motor that has a passion for eating moterway miles in it's DNA .... with style!

What you'll get with this exhaust system is a Delicious exhaust note which you can configure from your MMI configuration screens. Honest to god, you'll feel convinced that someone has whipped your 2.7l Tdi out during the night and plonked in a 5L straight V8 leviathan of a lump, such is the rampant notion of power delivered to your ears and resonated subtlety through your back-side in your seat alike! It sounds so Raw and Juicy for what equates to a modification to a diesel engine which infact, also delivers somewhere between 5%-10% improvements in both performance and fuel consumption if I'm not mistaken (which was Precisely the headline I use to explain to my wife why the car sounded different and noticeably peaky in higher rev range - I needn't explain what her expression was as I'm sure you're humored to know anyway lol).

In summary, if you're looking to make a really good improvement to your already superb motor-car, that exhaust system is a fine example and something I don't believe even Audi themselves offered as an option specifically the the Le-Mans special edition. if the price tag gives you any doubts, I can assure you if you already love your driving experience - You're going to absolutely love how your car feels, sounds and performs with this excellent aftermarket solution!

Fellow Audi Lovers - Let The Record State...

I happily and openly state for the record - I am a good and conscientious man, a respectable if not some-what expedient driver, as much as I am a fan / lover of the 'Four-Rings' that I feel proud to own. Though should you find yourself in a 'pickle' asking "Is It Worth It?" (naturally as most all of us would of course), then I can assure you: I feel no diktat of "Shouldn't" or sense of guilt from my head's 'Happily Married Husband' Lobe when thinking of what I .... 'Invested in' for my A6 S-Line, as a work-horse, a daily driver, thing of joy, a pleasure to keep, drive and own. Though particularly in my case (well, me and the wife) - Twice every year, we embark on the most amazing road trip right across Europe to the Czech Republic (where my wife is from originally) in my Audi - Something that I'm crazy about and can't stop the excitement building when thinking about it in the preceeding months!

"But wait - Here's the Science!"...

Our twice-yearly 1,000 mile Epic / Mondo / Legendary [...insert your choice of words here! lol] road trip cover's roughly 1,000 miles each way, cruising through 6 countries (8 if you count smelly Belgium twice! lol) and an Extremely Enjoyable mission it is too!

• Before I had the dynamic Exhaust fitted: The journey would consumecjust over 2 full tanks (at roughly £95 / fill-up right?) to reach Central Bohemia in the heart of CZ.
  • After the exhaust was fitted: The fuel consumption dropped dramatically and noticeably! So now, driving in the same way / pace - It takes somewhere between 1 1/2 to 1 & 3/4 tanks of Diesel - That's no lie and a sizeable saving from the exhaust setting and discovering the sensible cruising speed / average mpg on those exquisite motorway miles.

NOTABLY: The only time I can't make the above 'Captain Sensible' stats stick, is when we enter one of the many MANY long an-echoic chamber like tunnels on the autobahn network and .... helpless to the 'little-devil' who appears on my shoulder - I slap it into Sports mode, paddle-down a couple of gears and (using my right foot on the 'Woosh' pedal) Engage 'Warp-Drive'! Now the exhaust note is simply Incredible! it's Visceral and exciting in an addictive way!

It's simply !Removed! Lovely, being serenaded by the 'un-tamed animal' exhaust tone (with my inner-Geek knowing it's a performance / economy 'Win-Win' too!)

To conclude for you: Talk about Giddy with "Fwoar!!!" = Value for Money and then some! 🙂, = Great Big Smiley-Face, = Feels Good, =No-Brainer in my opinion!

I hope this helps influence your choice .....
Sorry I didn't go into detail - 'I'm not much of a talker' lol

Thanks for the help I will be definitely looking into it ! I loved driving on the autobahns of Germany and around Europe in it but all that was missing was a bit of sound haha if you know what I mean so as soon as I was back in the uk it’s on my to do list !