MMI Pprograming

piperdog

hello, ive a 2.7tdi/ 2006 and the car set up button isnt working on the mmi and all the rest are, took it apart and its the circuit board, when i get another one is it just plug and play or do i have to get it programed or such like, thanks

Hi mate, I think if you get like for like i.e same part number it should just be plug and play as it was for my radio but, i could be wrong........ best of luck.

If you are just replacing the circuit board - then it is just plug and play - just make sure you get the right one.....there are loads on eBay...I know this as I have just done this with mine!

If you were replacing the MMI module ( behind the screen) then you would need to recode - or at least have someway of checking (VCDS etc) if the new module is option coded correctly for your vehicle.

If you are replacing mmi panel or the borad only ... no codding required. Just plug and play. 

But it might be worth taking the current one apart and check of there isnt any spilages that happened , its quite comon. The board is multilayer so trying to fix it would be near imposible