Sat Nav and MMI High

My 2005 A6 has MMI 2 High ( v 55.7.0)  but without Sat Nav - anybody know if this can be easily upgraded to Sat Nav and more importantly what is needed?

thanks 

Mark

No - I have just got a CD multi changer in the glove box.....

Also doing a bit of digging ( some of the info is VERY ambiguous) I think I need a different screen - mine shows only Red Green Or blue - and not full colour - although I may have got that wrong!

thanks

Mark 

this is my issue - 

A work friend of mine has a basic 2.0 A6 2006....this has full sat nav with colour screen - but when you scroll through the various things - phone book is green - traffic is blue and radio is red - only on sat nav do you get full colour - this is a MMI High system....

I just presumed mine was the same....just no Sat Nav.......

when you look at the spec of my car - its usually equipped with Mmi high.....but this is Audi we are talking about.....

there doesn't seem to be a definitive way of seeing which is which - however, I am new to the A6 C6 world, so its a learning curve for me...

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Mark

So must be mmi2g high - 

certainly have 6.5" screen - and because I have red green and blue pages it isn't red monochromatic .........also I saw a 2g basic system yesterday....the screen is not as big top to bottom and is pure red!!!!!

No DVD unit in the boot - there is only the radio unit.....

Been having a look to see which DVD player I need and there are a couple of options....guessing will also need a power split lead and a MOST fibre splitter....

• 8 months later...

Finally got around to this....

Bought DVD navigation drive from eBay - £39.00, bought the power connectors from Audi £6, bought the bits to make a MOST loop from eBay £10, bought a antenna extension cable from eBay £8.

Plugged everything up in the boot - removed the last bit of roof lining in the rear and found the unused GPS antenna cable for the sharks fin - turned everything on....hey presto it actually works!!!! - Just waiting for the latest version Nav DVD to arrive.

So just short of £60 and an hour of time and i have working Sat Nav.

Also just added an original Audi DAB module ( £40 eBay)  - now got DAB radio! - got to admit, if you are going to do any mod, i would recommend fitting DAB.

Mark