Audi Q7 2019 engine issue no fix !!

Ronnie Gilmour

We bought a 2019 Audi Q 7 Black Edition early 2019 . On driving the Jeep we found the engine had a hesitation and juddered below 2000 revs. On taking to Audi work shop twice and having car towed away we were told Jeep showed no faults and had no warning lights.

we now find out Audi knew on certain new Q7 jeeps they are an engine fault with no fix available. We have this confirmed from dealership . The Dealership  refuses to give another Q7 until fix available. No date available for fix either in weeks, Months or Years. Told us to drive it and they will be in contact .Totally  shocked by Audi lack customer care and Manager in Dealership never even rang us.A 60k car that judders and hesitates and Audi doesn’t care !! Think twice before you spend you money with Audi .

Hello Ronnie,

Sorry to hear of your issue with this vehicle. I’m sure everyone would sympathise with you, and would be equally miffed at spending the money you have. 

Not wanting to pry into your circumstances, but if there were any finance connected with this purchase, then that would be a first port of call. As I see it, the next move must rest with you, and if I was in your position, then I would simply reject the vehicle without further delay, and return it for a full refund. You could also take advice from the likes of the Citizens Advice or similar organisation. 

Not sure if you are ROI or NI, and if ROI, what the procedures are. 

Perhaps you could let the forum know how you get on from here.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, Ronnie Gilmour said:

We bought a 2019 Audi Q 7 Black Edition early 2019 . On driving the Jeep we found the engine had a hesitation and juddered below 2000 revs. On taking to Audi work shop twice and having car towed away we were told Jeep showed no faults and had no warning lights.

we now find out Audi knew on certain new Q7 jeeps they are an engine fault with no fix available. We have this confirmed from dealership . The Dealership  refuses to give another Q7 until fix available. No date available for fix either in weeks, Months or Years. Told us to drive it and they will be in contact .Totally  shocked by Audi lack customer care and Manager in Dealership never even rang us.A 60k car that judders and hesitates and Audi doesn’t care !! Think twice before you spend you money with Audi .

Sounds very similar to mine and also similar treatment from Audi. Our 2018/19 3.0 vorsprung edition has gearbox hesitation constantly, it also sounds like it’s only running on 4 cylinders whist cold and the engine sounds and idles very rough. More concerning is the power surges whilst driving at low speeds. For example whilst travelling at say 30mph with light pressure on the accelerator the car gets power surges even though your throttle position has not changed. It feels like you do not have full control of the car so much so that my wife refuses to drive it at the moment. Audi are fully aware of this problem and supposedly it is a fix with a software update. However they have no clue as to when the update is due. 

I am in the process of seeking legal advice to reject the vehicle as it has had the above problems from new and only 5 months old with Audi not offering a fix or date for software update.

• 2 weeks later...

n Iewbie on this forum but having read the comments I've got to interject,I've had major problems with this Q7 one involved the brakes warranty problem.Audi agreed warranty problem ,bring in the car  I refused ,Audi reckoned faulty brakes car is still drivable in the end ii got the car  recovered to audi.Insurance company confirmed no way would they cover a claim whilst driving with faulty brakes they decide if the car is safe to drive not audi!!!