A6 C6 Le Mans

Magic Mellows

Probably been covered a thousand times but I cant find the answer

'07 plate Le Mans 3.0 Tdi

Had a problem with automatic tailgate it used too click click click on opening and have trouble locking on close ...my garage replaced the latch with a genuine Audi part and now it only opens six inches and then shuts again, on the odd occasion that it opens fully when I press the close switch it SLAMS shut violently

it will work normally if I don't use the boot for a few days and reverts to this problem very quickly

Have tried the holding the close switch for ten seconds to reset height

I'm sure you guys have the answer without me giving my main dealer a months wages

Thanks in advance

Tony

Thanks put new struts on but i made a mistake of using Vaseline on the ball/socket it just causes them to pop off they need to be fitted dry

opens slowly and gently but still slams on closing struts are fitted shiny bit on bottom

Watched a later model earlier in a supermarket car park it didn't appear to slam shut ?

On 7/30/2019 at 7:11 PM, Install3balls said:

Thanks put new struts on but i made a mistake of using Vaseline on the ball/socket it just causes them to pop off they need to be fitted dry

opens slowly and gently but still slams on closing struts are fitted shiny bit on bottom

Watched a later model earlier in a supermarket car park it didn't appear to slam shut ?

Are you sure they are the correct struts?