Phone screen mirroring on MMI screen

Coolas4k

Hi peeps, 

I've seen a few posts regarding the screen cast of mobile phones on to the screen of their Audi mmi screens but they've all been American so didn't want to purchase any of the recommended components in case it wouldn't work on a UK spec Audi. 

I have a 2015 Audi A6 and not entirely sure which MMI system I have but I've uploaded the software that it runs if that helps identify it. 

Does anyone know what components I need to mirror my Android Samsung Note 8 phone to my Audi screen and the procedure for it? 

Thanks 

20190718_124858.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat. I really need to use my Google Maps rather than the poor Audi stock maps that were offered at this juncture.

Judging by the design of the screen(large bezel), you'd be forgiven to think that Audit was going to make it easy for folks to upgrade this in future.

You will not have a SW option to do screen mirroring on the MMI you have in your car(s) 

The is no Graphics interface option in option that I am aware of unless you can try spoofing the reversing camera feed 

MMI advanced with the larger screen and SIM slot has google maps and audi connect etc but that is inbuilt Apps rather than shared.. 

• 5 months later...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5c3fc8f17ce3dc25Hi,

Sorry I know this thread is a few months old but thought this may help people in the same situation with the RMC system. 

I was in the exact same situation and considering an aftermarket apple CarPlay box but it means a fair bit of bodging wires. So with quite a few expensive adapters you can do this without cutting anything or taking your stereo out. Hopefully the pictures below explain them selves pretty well. 

Always buy original Audi RCA MMI cable as the cheap £10 eBay/amazon ones will not work. The same goes for the Apple AV adapter. I think in total including dual USB adapter I spent just over £100 on cables as i also ended up using a lightning extention cable from the phone to the AV adapter as it was too short. Plus you will need Video in Motion enabled with a Kufatec dongle which is around £80 so all in just under £200 so its perfectly possible just not cheap. Considering the alternatives and functionality its pretty good, I can now use google maps, apple maps, waze and stream Spotify without any issues at all. I use the volume as normal on the steering wheel and my watch or 'siri' to control what's going on the screen to pretty good effect.

Only downside is the iPhone 6 plus, 7 plus and 8 plus are the only ones that will force stay in landscape mode including the menu the all others and iPhone X onwards only does landscape in supported apps for some reason. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions. 

IMG_4525.JPG

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_9587.JPG

IMG_1181_2.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...