Brake servo restricted

Stevie84

Having had the warning come up on my journey from Nottingham to Cornwall, I was ready to sell the car as it’s the second fault to happen within a month. Having read this thread, I visited Truro Audi for the part and the guys told me they’ve changed quite a few this month. They’re putting it down to vehicles being parked up for a while and the heat from the hot spell damaging the part. Plausible theory I guess but demonstrates the part isn’t fit for purpose 

On 8/17/2021 at 12:36 PM, Han said:

Ordered # 5Q0 906 207 B ( i am based in Ireland) cost €99.86 with free post, shame on Audi, I guess this is my last Audi based on how they treat their loyal customer, will see after my DYI - finger crossed no ABS damage and both errors will be gone.

WE CAN CALL THIS AUDI - PPSD   Post- Pandemic stress disorder

Replaced myself, all errors are gone, really hope that is the end of it,  just went to motorway did a 140km/h spin, seems all good, thanks for share the info here, again SHAME ON YOU AUDI.

Edited by Han

Hi all,

same for me, got the fault message, looked at various posts and videos then ordered the sensor and changed it myself.

All faults cleared and running well again.

l really like my Q7 but it’s shame Audi don’t/won’t admit there is a fault and address it as I will consider looking at other car manufacturers now.

Makes your blood boil really considering how much their cars cost!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Booster-Pressure-Sensor-Fits-For-Audi-VW-Seat-Skoda-5Q0906207-V10721500-SP-/334077635175?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I've got a 2017 B9 1.4 tfsi sport. Bought the above part from eBay for £13 and worked a treat 🤷‍♂️. Might as well buy cheap if the audi part is !Removed!

On 6/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, Reavley said:

On 6/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, Reavley said:

Hello to you all

I had the warning message come up on my dash on Thursday morning on my travel to work,I parked up for the day, and intended to look into the message when I got home on the night,when I got back in the car to go home, the message did not display again, and the Stop / Start was working on route home.

The was no message yesterday on my travels.

As in any warning light / message this should show every time the car is used I presume?

Thoughts please on this showing just once, on a 6 mile journey and not showing again?

It's a no brainer, if you don't replace the sensor for about £75 DIY, you could be up for a replacement abs pump at £3,500.

My Audi A5 2019 has started showing this error from yesterday. RAC guy confirmed the error but advised that my car is safer to drive. Showed him this forum and then quickly he changed his recommendation to drive only once back to home and get it fixed asap. It's a long 4 hour drive back home hopefully nothing bad should happen.

Edited by randroff

My initial warning came up, then went off, then came back on when I started the car again half an hour later.

My code reader couldn’t see it, but having read the posts elsewhere I decided to do the job myself as it’s really easy and is better than killing the ABS. All seems well again now.

It’s due a main dealer service in September, so let’s see if the fault is in the log.

It will be interesting to see what the mechanic says. I wonder if all knowledge will be denied of the issue with the countless others who are reporting back to this forum.

It's important that you contact Audi UK and report your situation as in the past they claim they are not aware of any issues with the sensor. The detail of who to contact can be found on this forum in an earlier post. 

Reading through the thread I am not willing to risk the cost of the ABS system to be replaced and have ordered the part and will change it myself.

I have also e-mailed Andrew Doyle Audi UK to add my details, along with others, of the part failure they have no knowledge of.

Happy motoring,thank you all   

I found a replacement sensor from Audipartsdirect and the replacement took only few mins thanks to the video here. I also received a response from Audi UK claiming that there are no defects with these sensors and that all warnings should be investigated by an Audi approved service center.

26 minutes ago, randroff said:

I found a replacement sensor from Audipartsdirect and the replacement took only few mins thanks to the video here. I also received a response from Audi UK claiming that there are no defects with these sensors and that all warnings should be investigated by an Audi approved service center.

Thanks for share it, is this one? It not that cheap compare to Audi dealer price...........

https://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/audi-vw-brake-pressure-sensor-5q0906207b-5q0906207b

36 minutes ago, randroff said:

I also received a response from Audi UK claiming that there are no defects with these sensors and that all warnings should be investigated by an Audi approved service center.

To paraphrase Mandy Rice Davies “They would say that, wouldn’t they!”

• Like 1

Had the same issues on my A5 and thank goodness for this forum and Google, otherwise as others have had the misfortune of a new ABS unit, I did order mine from eBay but when it didn’t turn up got it from local Audi dealer apparently like others it had been on back order so I was lucky it was in stock, fitted in 10 mins and as others all is good, savings made and no costly ABS repair, still wrong on Audi’s part but doubt anything will change, keep up the great work the posters who gave the great step by step guides that even a non mechanical person could follow 👍

• Like 1

Good afternoon all

I would like to update you all on some feedback I had from a e-mail I sent on Sunday to Audi UK and Andrew Doyle as PHB requested.

As mentioned earlier I sent the email Sunday not expecting so much as a reply to it.Monday getting in I checked my e-mails at home to find my e-mail had been forwarded on to the below who contacted me

INicholas Willerton
Executive Customer Relations Manager
Audi UK 
T  0800 699 888
executive.office@audi.co.uk
Internet: www.audi.co.uk

Nicholas has contacted me twice via e-mail, asking if he could speak with me, which he did today,I explained that I had the message come on the car on Thursday and that a looked into it Thursday night at home,I explained that I found this forum and joined it last week, and that it had been most informative and helpful .

I offered to send Nicholas the link for this thread in order he can read the posts and the problems encountered by many,across all the ranges of Audi.

Happy motoring,thank you all   

• Like 1

Well done for highlighting this to Audi UK. Hopefully they will take the problem seriously, although it’s a relatively cheap part and an easy DIY fix, parts shouldn’t fail after 3 years or cause ABS failure. 

Unfortunately several of us had a similar response from Audi, they said they do not have the time to look at all the forums and said the best thing we can do is take out their extended warranty and then we will not have a problem. 

I think they forget about the safety issue when this fails, my car was very difficult to drive when I got the message. This is my third Audi but sadly my last.

There is a technical service bulletin from Audi USA telling their mechanics to change the sensor when this warning comes up, under warranty if the vehicle is under 3 years old.

after this, it’s dealer discretion as to charge or not.

This is really outrageous 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cugi said:

There is a technical service bulletin from Audi USA telling their mechanics to change the sensor when this warning comes up, under warranty if the vehicle is under 3 years old.

after this, it’s dealer discretion as to charge or not.

This is really outrageous 

Definitely is outrageous