S4 B9 - Air filter

RVJ007

I have a 2017 S4 B9 air filter and needs replacing. Any suggestions what I could replace it with. Im after a good quality upgrade. Its been mentioned a BMC air filter ? Im non the wiser. I do know my air filter is in desperate need of replacement,. Any ideas please and any power upgrades they may have if any?

Would a dirty air filter restrict power out put? 

Hello Richard,

I’m surprised that a 2 year old car is .....’ desperately in need of a new air filter’. Has this car covered a very high mileage, or has been used in excessively dusty conditions? 

Sound policy to change at 2 year intervals? Yes in my book, but the filter should still be capable of further service. 

Perhaps I’m getting the wrong end of the stick here, but if you are talking about ‘upgrading’ the manufacturer’s standard air filter, then it’s worth considering that this may invalidate your warranty. 

I would guess you have the answer to your last question, but are you experiencing low power? If so, why is the air filter so dirty - if it is? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.