RACECHIP will it help is it worth it??

YAS19

HI ALL

So I'm back with the same dilemma! I've been looking into getting the race chip module for my Audi 2.7TDI for fuel economy as this car drinks with 2 straws! Its killing me on fuel to the point I want to sell the car!! Is it worth putting in a racechip to help the fuel economy as I dont want to remap the whole car and dont want to sell it either as it's my pride and joy!! 

But if the car has to go I've got no choice so anyone interested lol! 

Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated! 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the CR-TECH2 multi map box from Bluespark Automotive and I would say it is possible to achieve greater fuel consumption levels, although it is not straight forward!

The extra torque produced at low end is considerably increased which makes changing up earlier possible. However, having that extra grunt between 1500-2500 is seductive! 

The CR-TECH2 multi map, as it's name suggests is capable of running three different map programs. The three are pretty obvious, starting at eco mode and you can change these settings at any time by simply moving terminal jumpers in the map module box. 

In conclusion, if you can rein yourself in and screw the nut, you can conceivably save a wee bit fuel, or experience the better part of your Audi thats normally locked away, lying dormant... 

Make your choice... NOW! 😁