Audi A6 2008 engine Knocking

Ryan.A6

Help is needed first ever post let's dive straight in..I have a A6 s line 2.0 tdi full service and well looked after an all that, I was pulling my caravan when the low oil pressure light came on and the engine lost some power and didn't sound the best so pulled over and got the car towed to audi my thought was the pick up pipe blocked but audi said they pressure tested the pump and that's ok and there not exactly sure what it is but said they can investigate for £1100 and thats when i declined. The knocking sounds like its high in the engine what should i do next the car is to good for the scrap heap has anybody had similar issues and how did you solve it your help I'll be much appreciated 

Since getting the car back I've changed the oil + filter but its not made much of a difference 

Thanks 

Ryan 

• 2 months later...

On 8/20/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ryan.A6 said:

Help is needed first ever post let's dive straight in..I have a A6 s line 2.0 tdi full service and well looked after an all that, I was pulling my caravan when the low oil pressure light came on and the engine lost some power and didn't sound the best so pulled over and got the car towed to audi my thought was the pick up pipe blocked but audi said they pressure tested the pump and that's ok and there not exactly sure what it is but said they can investigate for £1100 and thats when i declined. The knocking sounds like its high in the engine what should i do next the car is to good for the scrap heap has anybody had similar issues and how did you solve it your help I'll be much appreciated 

Since getting the car back I've changed the oil + filter but its not made much of a difference 

Thanks 

Ryan 

Ryan, it could be a lot of different things. No one can say exactly without taking the engine apart. If it is coming from the top, it is probably related to something in the heads. When the oil pressure is low the things that get affected first are the lifters and the cams. So the knock is most probably from there. However, the knock is only the result of the issue, you will need to find what caused the low oil pressure in the first place. I would suggest taking the car to a good Audi indy and letting him take a look.