Ordering 2020 A4 Avant - options advice needed

MartianSkippy

Hi there

I am just about to order the face-lifted A4 Avant through work, with a limited options budget and cannot make a decision on which options to go with.

I am limited to the Technik trim, with the 35TDI S Tronic engine/gearbox combo. I am currently torn between spending my options budget on either a leather interior (Okapi brown or Beige) or investing in the Comfort & Sound  pack (full keyless including boot sensor, Bang & Olufsen audio, 360 camera, interior LED pack). I am leaning towards the leather option as I struggle to imagine owning an Audi with a cloth interior, but hearing the sound quality on the pre-facelift demonstrator I got to use last week made me hunker for the Bang & Olufsen system as I found the sound of the standard system very flat..

Opinions & recommendations highly welcome!

Thanks!

Hello Martin, 

I think recommending a choice of two options for you is an impossible task, and my feeling is you may be looking for reassurance that the option you actually choose coincides with someone who might come along and agree with you. Apologies if I’ve got that wrong. 

‘Leaning towards the leather option...’ A personal opinion:- I’ve had cars with leather since I had hair, and one thing is for certain - the seats are generally unbearably hot in the summer, and unbearably cold in the winter - hence heated seats. Run of the mill manufacturers  discontinued using leather some 60 years ago for that reason and moved to ‘leatherette’ then on to more comfortable fabric. Of course, leather is still seen as ‘ prestigious’, and I can understand where you are coming from, but beauty has to be lived, with and not just admired. 

Yes, heated seats, and even cold air can be blown up your posterior via. pinholes in the leather, so it’s less a hassle in choosing, so you have more flexibility to go with what your eyes tells you is desirable. 

Good luck with whatever you chose Martin.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you for your response Gareth - I think you got the source of my dilemma right - I was really looking for some comfort blanket of reassurance 😉 Sometimes a good discussion can help with the "sat on the fence" position as it can gently prod you in one way or another..

What was not making it easy was that I could not see any up-to-date photos showing what the cloth interior would look like in real life ( you can hardly rely on the 3d rendered images on the Audi site) and I was also not sure if the puny sound from the demonstrator speakers was a result of these not being yet bedded in..

In the end I went with the leather option (Atlas beige) rather than the comfort and sound package - time will tell if I will be happy with my decision

Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

I think the Comfort and Sound pack is worth getting for the convenience options. Not sure on the leather option as I think on the Tecnik it's only the partial 'Twin' leather option (double check this in case I am wrong) - the majority of the seat is plastic covered and I don't see that as value for money for nearly £1000 - better off sticking to fabric IMOPO and looking at another option.