How to tell if a car is Quattro by the number plate?

TGPrince

Hello, I am looking to buy another A3 2.0 tdi and have noticed many sellers advertise their car as Quattro but when I enter the number plate in the "TotalCarCheck" app on my phone, sometimes it doesn't say Quattro in the model name.

One example is this: WN57 UDX

The details it brings up are: "Audi A3 Sport Tdi 170" with no mention of Quattro - does this mean it is not Quattro?

Another seller who is adamant that his car is definitely Quattro has the number plate of: SE06 FNX

The details it brings up are: "Audi A3 S Line Tdi" again with no mention of Quattro.

Does this mean both of these cars are not Quattro? Or is it sometimes not listed in the model details of the car when you perform a number plate check?

Thank you

Hello, 

Askmid simply tells you whether the car is insured and if (should be in caps.) it is, what the basic DVLA recorded information is. If it isn’t shown as insured on the Askmid system, which is usually the case with most motor trade held vehicles, then vehicle details are not shown. 

Whatever details Askmid shows will be dependent on the DVLA record, which will depend on how comprehensively the new-car-sales office inputted the vehicle data, so I would treat this a avenue as not being of much use to you Sam. 

Reliable way? Obtain the VIN and  check the build record.

Kind regards,

Gareth.