I've just bought an Audi...

John A
聽Share

Evening

Today I bought a 2014 A4 Avant 2.0 TDIe SE Technik 163. Isn't that exciting?!

There's been a lot of VAG in the household/general family for a while - I've lost it with my 2007 PD170 Altea, which I've run since late 2016, previously I had a 340bhp Octavia RS for 5 years, the ex-Mrs John had a mk5 Golf 1K PD105, followed by a Leon 5F CR184 (amazing car). My dad has a Superb 1.8 TSI, my sister in law a 1.4 TSI Tiguan (might be a 1.5) and my brother has a Golf R. Today was a 'not dicking about looking for cars anymore day' and after the Leon 5F ST I went after turned out to have a queue of people, I pulled the trigger on the A4. The current Mrs John has a Peugeot 3008, so that only comes out after dark.

I'm quite excited, should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday (*flippin' swear filter* bank holidays), but I can't find any spec on these from when they were released. I have a set of ET45 18" Speedline Marmoras off the Altea, which I'd like to fit, but I don't know what offset is appropriate on a B8, or if I can run a 225/40/18, and I'd like to know if there are any recommendations for a set of lowering springs that won't compromise a standard shock, as I think a set of coilovers will be out of budget for now. Are these engines worth mapping?

For this, and many other questions, I'll probably be lingering about this forum for a while. And if anybody wants to buy what can only be described as a non-runner Seat Altea with a brand new in tank fuel pump and nearly a full years MOT, *PLUS* a RenaultSport Clio 172 that I can't be bothered to pay to tax and insure any more, I'm your man! 馃榾

Hi John....welcome to the Forum

Not new to VAG so you'll find the Audi quite familiar territory then.
If you were closer I would entertain the Clio Sport...cool little car but not sure about the Altea but I'm sure someone would be grateful for it.

Good to have you onboard
Cheers,聽 Trevor

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...