Steering light

Shello

I have a slight glow on the steering light on the dash, and have had a couple diagnostics done which have come back with no faults. Can anyone shed any light? I’ve been told it could be the onset of the steering rack failing. 

A slight glow sounds odd. It should either be on or off, not something in between. What does it look like on lamp test, i.e. the first few seconds after turning on the ignition when all the warning lights come on to test if they are working?

Well that eliminates a lamp fault. Unfortunately I can't suggest a realistic cause for the problem, and I won't mislead you by guessing. All I can suggest is to find an auto electrician if Audi can not help.

PS. Despite having said I won't guess, is one of the other dashboard lights on? I am wondering if there is leakage of light from somewhere else on the panel.

Thank you for your reply. None of the other dashboard lights are on. I was just looking to see if I could find a auto electrician in my area. 

So, I had the car looked at earlier today, and it turns out the problem is with the binnacle in the dashboard leaking light. 

Im so pleased it wasn’t anything more sinister. 

Thank you so much for chatting to me and giving me helpful advice. I really do appreciate it. 👍 

It’s a fairly easy fix. They’ve said they can send it off to a auto electrician to fix, and the cost would be about £300 including VAT. I’m just going to leave it for now. I’m just pleased it’s nothing to worry about.