engine rebuild/reconditioning for A4 2.0T TFSI quattro

Cleophas

My question is generally how long does an engine rebuild/conditioning take? I have an A4 2.0T TFSI quattro sline special edition car. While driving in Snowdonia and enjoying the lovely drive the 'oil pressure" warning message appeared when driving. I drove for a little 300metres and the engine cut out. Stopped on the side road. Took two attempts to re-start the engine and then the engine ran rough. The car has done 103,000 miles. 

I have thought about using MKL motors or have offered to do an engine rebuild for £2400. I send them the engine by their pickup service.

I will also be replacing or upgrading my turbo and changing the clutch. Any useful resources appreciated and recommendations appreciated.

kind regards,

Cleophas

• 1 month later...

Try contacting Umbrella Performance Engines, they do engine rebuilds in Plymouth. Ethical, takes a lot of pride in workmanship and very capable. Does shipping. Highly recommended by many satisfied customers too. Check out his FB Page and Photo Albums. See for yourself.. https://www.facebook.com/umbrellaengines/

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, sorry I had missed your message. Much appreciated for the reply. I have found a garage to do the engine rebuild and they are working hard on the rebuild. Just one person is working on the rebuild. 

I have done so much research on line for the engine rebuild. For the engine I have purchased on N75, PCV valve, one cylinder head and one pump for my BUL engine Audi A4 B7 2.0 tfsi sline special edition car.

I want to ask what is the preferred engine oil for this car 5w40 or 5w30 engine oil. My brother is suggesting 5w30 oil but I am leaning towards 5w40 oil by Castrol or Millers.

thanks in advance.

kind regards,

C