New member.

WOODYTHEWISE

Hello one and all. My name is John and just saying hello. Just purchased a new to me A8 3.0 tdi. The last Audi i had was a 200 when living in Germany. Since then owned mainly Mercs. The one i have just sold being an E500.

Up to now very pleased with my purchase. https://video.citnow.com/vtgrkytjWXR

I think you are correct Trevor....Come on fellow members, say hello. I don't bite, well, not very often.😁

This is my 2nd soot chucker, the first being a Phaeton. I am amazed at how far they have come.

I have had well over 70 cars ranging from a vauxhall Viva to a Mercedes CL 600 bi turbo. Some of my favourites over the years being a Carlton Lotus, MB 560 SEL, Chevrolet Camaro,  Ford Sierra Cosworth. A MK 4 Jaguar. And i think my most recent aqusition, the A8 could be included.

Oh....i am 68 years old, feel 78, and look 88. 

• Haha 1

Oh now you are talking my kind of language.....had over a hundred old cars myself and loved most of them!

I am uber-jealous however of the fact that you have owned a Lotus Carlton, Camaro and the Cossie ..... three very special cars indeed 🙂

The ones I regret selling are: Rover BRM, Mk2 Savage Cortina, PA Cresta and 71 Mustang....probably a few others I will think of later and then start weeping 😞

Feel free to post up any piccies of the previous cars if you have any

Some nice cars in your list also. Over a hundred, wow. Most of mine were purchased when still plenty of them about. Its strange that i could probably no longer afford to purchase them now.

I purchased the Camaro direct from an American outlet in Germany that supplied their Armed Forces. Circa 1987, a cracking 5.7lt V8. Had it two years, imported it to the UK and sold it for £8k more than i paid for it when new. A good percentage of mine were left hooker ones purchased in Germany. I retired at 45 due to ill health. My changing cars so often had to slow down somewhat. Although i average about 18 months. Crazy i know, but i just get bored and hanker after a change.

Would have loved your Rover, never got around to getting one. A Cortina, not seen one of those in an age. Those were the days, points, distributor, HT leads,new plugs, and away you went.

...oh the good old days of points and condensors, usually adjusting the points every weekend to keep the spark 🙂

I too had a 74 Camaro LT350 but spent most of my time chasing it with a MIG welder.
Also got bored with cars too quickly but have definitely slowed down over the years and just one every 2 years now I suppose.

Well you've certainly ended up with a gem now....the A8 is a superb car and should hopefully keep you entertained for many years to come.