Audi A6 C5 AWD Conversion

Matthew Bowker

Hi everyone,

Recently my Dad has given me his old Audi A6 C5 which he's owned since the early 2000's. It's a FWD 1896cc diesel which has had zero mechanical issues; the only problem it's had was an electrical issue, caused from leaves building up between the windscreen and the bonnet. It's in good condition and is currently just sat collecting dust in his garage so it's got me wondering whether this could potentially be a nice little project car. 

I want to turn it into something a bit more exciting so I was wondering whether it would be possible to convert this into a AWD 'Quattro' with (mostly) bolt on parts or would I need to make some significant changes to the body of the car? I would imagine the chassis/frame of this car is the same as it's Quattro variants of the same year so it's just a case of fitting a drivetrain/shaft?

Any insight would be really appreciated. Like I said, I'm just exploring the possibility currently.

I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Matt

Hello, Audi A6 C5 quattro has different chassis floor layout. Standard fwd one doesnt have space to mount rear diff or really anything for this. I've done similar research with a4 b5 and same thing. Another thing is what You mean by exciting, 1.9tdi will need loads of expenses to make this car quick and fun. Have a good day.