headlights for 2002 s8

bf22

I have a 2002 Audi S8, the headlights have become so hazy it makes it dangerous to drive. I believe audi have stopped manufacturing the part, where can I get replacements? Also, will the A8 headlights fit?

I mean the cover on the front of the headlight.

I have used a restoration kit which has improved visibility by about 20% but the lighting is still so dull that it is now dangerous to drive the car at night... Almost...I was hoping if I could replace the headlight assembly units entirely it would fix the problem or do you believe the problem is something else?

Well ‘b’ you will know how effective the use of this kit has been. If it hasn’t effectively removed the majority of the haze then it has been ineffective, and the likely cause of poor lighting remains there. 

Has it removed the haze or not? If not you need to try something else. Have a look at YouTube videos etc. or try something like a G3 rubbing compound. It’s had work, but usually successful. 

What surprises me is that we are talking a 6 year old vehicle here - now that would be unusual, unless the car has been subjected to our cheap pressure lance waving car cleaners. Not so cheap when it affects such things, and brake components when wheel cleaner is applied. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new here and not sure about your exact lights but I have restored headlights myself on my cars and usually get pretty good results, as daunting as it sounds I rubbed down my headlights with 1k grit wet and dry sandpaper till the haze was mostly gone then repeated the process with 1500 then 3000 grit (wet and dry) until all the haze and scratch marks where removed, after sanding check your lamps and make sure there are no deep gouges, then clean the lens with a rubbing alcohol (isopropanol solution) then apply clearcoat lacquer (uhv) wait ten mins then apply another coat and repeat a 3rd time, after doing this my lights where pretty good tbf,, hope this helps a little, I did both my headlights for around £15/20 which is a lot cheaper than replacing,,

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, bf22 said:

I mean the cover on the front of the headlight.

I have used a restoration kit which has improved visibility by about 20% but the lighting is still so dull that it is now dangerous to drive the car at night... Almost...I was hoping if I could replace the headlight assembly units entirely it would fix the problem or do you believe the problem is something else?

Do you have any pics of the effected lights?