a3 8p electrical problems

stuartwhite1989

hi i have got myself a 53 plate a3. i am havings electrical problems. my central locking fob will not sync with vcds. key is tested with a key tester and signal is fine all buttons.i got this fault.(00352-terminal 30a 011 open circuit) i tried to read my pin code with vag tacho and get k line short. i read online with problems wiring to central convinience so checked all plugs to the box under dash beside the fuse box. all look good.checked the one in boot wires all look good. its not the radio it doesnt have the wire attached and even disconnected it all.heres the vcds scan

Log-STU-WAUZZZ8P84A056462-234830km-145916mi.txt

I daresay if anybody had an idea he would have spoken up by now Stuart. Bear in mind there are precious few of us in this forum so it is no surprise there are no replies. See the recent history of the forum for proof.

Personally I distrust any of the code reader results so I didn't even look at yours. If the problem can not be solved with a new fob battery my suggestion is to get a meter and start testing the relevant circuits.

• Like 2

Hello Stuart,

Sorry, as Cliff said, there doesn’t seem to be regular contributors who are into diagnostics to the same extent that you are. Having said that, some knowledgeable diagnostic folks do contribute from time to time when they visit the forum, but I well understand you need answers when you need them. 

Although I certainly respect the need for diagnostics, and well appreciate the benefits to be gained from such experience, another viewpoint is one of the old ‘cause and effect’. As I understand it, component x can be shown up as the culprit since it receives its ‘signal ‘ from y, yet the root cause is actually at y - not x. 

Of course, this doesn’t help you one bit, but all all I can do is apologise for the lack and response and hope someone might come along shortly.

Meanwhile, kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1