Fuel Consumption

Ryan4321

Hi, recently my Audi A1 S Line has been using a lot more fuel than usual.

I drove to work this morning which was around 15 miles, but it said on the dash I used around 30!

I have taken it to the Audi garage and it passed every diagnostic test.

Any ideas?

Hello Ryan,

Apologies, but I’m not fully understanding your post - probably predictive text issue or something- but ...’drove to work.....around 15 miles.......but it said on the dash I used around 30!’. Did you mean 30 litres? 

If this were mine, I would first be wanting to confirm and quantify the extent of high fuel consumption via. a full tank and the amount of fuel needed to return it to full for the mileage you had covered. If it proves that the car has a high fuel consumption then this needs to be addressed. Similarly if it turns out to be a computer calculation error then this is obviously a different issue, but to me, it’s not clear at the moment, which of the two it is. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

Quantifying the high fuel consumption via a full tank would be losing 1/8 of my tank for doing 20 miles.

I've had this car for 2 years and has never been this bad on fuel. It's only the past couple of months that it has declined quite rapidly.

I hit a couple of deep pot holes and since then the ride has been terrible and losing fuel! But the Audi garage insist there is nothing wrong. After driving the same Audi's for 4/5 years, you know how the ride is.

The only thing I can think of would be to change the spark plugs? But that shouldn't be affecting the fuel consumption that much?

Sorry Ryan, but I’m none the wiser about the 30! in the initial post, or the current post where ......’full tank would be losing 1/8 of my tank in 20 miles’. 

Can you tell us what your current average mpg is? Can we just keep it simple and clear? Also, if this is a ‘computerised’ consumption, or an actual ‘fill to fill’ calculated consumption. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.