A5 s line quattro 2.0 tdi

Mujdat

Hello everyone I brout it audi a5 s line quattro few days ago car is really good engine and gearbox perfect..but I dont feel 170hp. Quick car but not powerful..when I do full pressure gas pedal doesnt pushing me back to seat..but I used to have audi tt which is 1.8 petrol tsfi non quattro) I fell very powerful always pushing me back to seat.. can some one tell me ..something wrong about my Audi a5 ? Or 4x4 cars always doesnt show u power?? 

Thank you very much 

• 3 months later...

Don't forget that the A5 is a much bigger, heavier car than your TT, and it's only got about 12bhp more. Plus it will also develop its power differently - diesel will be tuned for most torque at low revs so you may not feel much of a "punch" immediately you floor the pedal in mid- to high gear, unless you drop a gear when you want to accelerate. It feels a bit like lag, but it isn't really.

I have an A5 3.0TDI making 236bhp; I also have a Golf Mk4 GTI 1.8T with the AUQ motor which makes 180bhp. The Audi has incredible low-down grunt - provided that you drop a cog before planting your right foot. If you don't, it picks up very slowly for the first two or three seconds and then you get a sudden almighty tidal wave of torque pushing you in the back.

By comparison, the Golf makes urgent power if you even look at the accelerator - but the rub is that the Golf is almost 1/2 a tonne lighter than the A5 so it actually feels a hell of a lot faster!! It probably isn't in a straight line but I'll bet it would give a good account of itself over a standing quarter against the Audi.

If you're used to a performance petrol engine you WILL have to adjust your driving style with the 2.0TDI to get the most out of it. Bear in mind that it ISN'T a performance engine so don't expect miracles...

Hello John,

I think it’s great that you have taken your time and interest to try to explain and help the original poster. 

The sad thing is that he has not revisited the forum since the day he first joined!    

Why do people do this? 

Anyway, from your point of view, let’s trust the time you’ve taken to share your experience will be of help to someone else. 

Many thanks and kind regards, 

Gareth.