Anyone waiting on a Sportback delivery?

marty80aka@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Ordered a Vorsprung 2 litre Quatro petrol version yesterday.

We've been told they already had a vehicle in the Audi build queue, so delivery in only a couple of months

Collection 1st week of April if all goes well 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 8:15 PM, KeithWalter said:

Ordered a Vorsprung 2 litre Quatro petrol version yesterday.

We've been told they already had a vehicle in the Audi build queue, so delivery in only a couple of months

Collection 1st week of April if all goes well 🙂

It didn't :-( The car got out of the Audi factory just before lockdown, and now (contrary to Audi's web site tracker) is stuck in the German port of Emden

It's been there for two months now :-(

Audi in Crawley say the ports are working normally, but the only ship i can see in the port of Emden that regularly visits Sheerness is the Malacca Highway and it hasn't moved for months. I did see a ship leave for Grimsby on Saturday, but our car was not on it.

Does anyone have any further insight into what's going on at Emden at the moment?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 1.5 petrol manual S Line on 12/2 for delivery 30/4. Car is is now in UK, presumably in Port Of Tyne given dealer location, order status 40, awaiting delivery to dealer. New to all things Audi but in view of current issues quite happy with timescales so far.

Our car's still showing as in transit, but the Malacca Highway did set sail for Sheerness yesterday so it's possible our car is on it - no change to our status so far 😞

Your car may have been on the ship I saw sail for Grimsby last Saturday

Good luck with the new car David

On 6/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, KeithWalter said:

Our car's still showing as in transit, but the Malacca Highway did set sail for Sheerness yesterday so it's possible our car is on it - no change to our status so far 😞

Your car may have been on the ship I saw sail for Grimsby last Saturday

Good luck with the new car David

Well I'm still waiting - car still just showing as "left Martorell" (even though it wasn't built there)

I'm getting a little worried now, as the car's been standing at the docks at Emden for over two months  in sea air and it's probably going to be well over three months old before I get my hands on it. Maybe I should expect a healthy discount?

If I don't hear something positive soon I'm seriously thinking of walking away from this one and ordering a British manufactured car

12 hours ago, KeithWalter said:

Well I'm still waiting - car still just showing as "left Martorell" (even though it wasn't built there)

I'm getting a little worried now, as the car's been standing at the docks at Emden for over two months  in sea air and it's probably going to be well over three months old before I get my hands on it. Maybe I should expect a healthy discount?

If I don't hear something positive soon I'm seriously thinking of walking away from this one and ordering a British manufactured car

Believe me if you buy a Land Rover you'll be buying trouble. 1. Due to reliability, and 2. They're financially struggling. 

On 6/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, Steve Q said:

Believe me if you buy a Land Rover you'll be buying trouble. 1. Due to reliability, and 2. They're financially struggling. 

Well, the good news is, our car is showing as in transit to the UK now 🙂

Probably already here, as the Malacca Highway docked at Sheerness just after 9am this morning

So I won't be out looking at Evoques any time soon 😉

Information for those tracking cars - there appears to be two different areas at Emden docks. The main area on the West is for VW, if the ship travels through the lock gates to the inner harbour on the East, it's picking up Audis. The Malacca Highway appears to be visiting both alternately at the moment. The Malacca Highway appears to be the only ship visiting Sheerness. There are other ships visiting Grimsby ETC

Thanks for all your input everyone

Keith, I was in Carlisle Audi collecting my car when I saw your post. From dockside to collection was quick. Call from last dealers last Thursday evening offering collection yesterday or today so hopefully you will see your car soon. I should add that dealers were extremely busy, haven't seen a showroom that busy Wednesday mid morning fro a while.

Enjoy the car.

4 hours ago, RBD said:

Keith, I was in Carlisle Audi collecting my car when I saw your post. From dockside to collection was quick. Call from last dealers last Thursday evening offering collection yesterday or today so hopefully you will see your car soon. I should add that dealers were extremely busy, haven't seen a showroom that busy Wednesday mid morning fro a while.

Enjoy the car.

Thanks David - looking forward to it 🙂