Adaptive lighting fault - Help Please!

greysquirrel

My A3 Cabriolet apparently has adaptive lights that turn, not that i'd ever noticed. Recently I had a message appear saying "Adaptive light defective".

My front left light has clearly turned left and stayed there, it can be seen pointing left from the front of the car. I understand that these have a habit of snapping wires, is this something that anyone on here has successfully sorted out with a bit of solder and some patience, or are there any other things I should be checking before I contact the stealers?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have since ended up dropping £670 on a new headlight. Thankfully I fitted it myself, saving 2 hours labour charge. It didn't come with bulbs, controller or ballast unit, so they had to be swapped over. Adaptive cornering Bi-Zenons are great, but are they really worth this sort of money over Halogen?

That said, I'm happy now that they are fixed! Trying to forget the other things I could have spent the cash on.....