Space saver spare wheel.

james brown

On 11/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, james brown said:

Wanted space saver spare wheel for.  Audi q3tfsi 35.auto year 2019 .Where can I purchase and what price.

There is a mystery about spare wheels.When I bought my 2019 Q3, Audi refused to supply it with a spare wheel. I note that you can buy a suitable low profile spare wheel from another supplier but they can not provide a fixing bolt for this car.  My car has a strange fixing arrangement and I don't know how to make use of it.

Anyone have any ideas?

20191105_140301-R.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I asked a few months back, I have the Vorsprung, its was £750 as they have to move the amplifier in the boot etc. I will let the AA worry about it if I get a puncture

• 9 months later...

Mystery solved!  I've just picked a 2019 Audi Q3 which came with a bottle of gue and a tyre inflator instead of a spare wheel and tools.  If anyone is interested in getting a spare wheel and tools then the bits you need to source are the following...

5Q0-803-899 Wheel Bolt and clamp.  This fits the socket shown in Brian's picture above.  If you already have the subwoofer speaker in your car you will already have this.

5QF-011-031-C Jack plus 5Q0-011-221 Jack crank arm.  (The crank arm is the Jack handle and it is sold separately!)

8N0-012-219 Wrench

83A-012-109-H Audi Q3 Foam tool compartment for spare wheel.

83A-601-010-A or 5QF-601-027-B Spare wheel.  It is a 4J x 18H2 ET 28 wheel fitted with a 145/85 18 Tyre.  (Same spare wheel for all wheel sizes)

Don't forget to transfer your tools from the old foam compartment to the new one!  When finished your new spare wheel and tools take up exactly the same space as before and you can still put your boot floor in the lower position.

IMG_0359.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 12:51 PM, KAB said:

Mystery solved!  I've just picked a 2019 Audi Q3 which came with a bottle of gue and a tyre inflator instead of a spare wheel and tools.  If anyone is interested in getting a spare wheel and tools then the bits you need to source are the following...

5Q0-803-899 Wheel Bolt and clamp.  This fits the socket shown in Brian's picture above.  If you already have the subwoofer speaker in your car you will already have this.

5QF-011-031-C Jack plus 5Q0-011-221 Jack crank arm.  (The crank arm is the Jack handle and it is sold separately!)

8N0-012-219 Wrench

83A-601-010-A or 5QF-601-027-B Spare wheel.  It is a 4J x 18H2 ET 28 wheel fitted with a 145/85 18 Tyre.  (Same spare wheel for all wheel sizes)

Don't forget to transfer your tools from the old foam compartment to the new one!  When finished your new spare wheel and tools take up exactly the same space as before and you can still put your boot floor in the lower position.

IMG_0359.jpg

That's great work! 👍

• 2 years later...

An update for 2023 MY cars Q3 F3N Sportback Quattro Sline Spare

I just looked round Audi dealers till i found one with a spare wheel fitted
if it helps it is this one EK72 XFR WAUZZZF31P1029608. 2022 Audi Q3 F3N Sportback S LN BLK ED 40 TFSI Quat SA Turbo Blue its sold now though Just told my local dealer it was car i saw with the bits on they were happy and orederd them
the parts i ordered were (the item numbers are the parts diagram on dealers screen)
7 A83A 012 109 N Stowage Compartment £100.20
16 A5QF 011 031 C jack £46.57
17 A5Q0 011 221 Crank arm for jack £7.62
21 A8N 0012 219 socket wrench for wheel bolts £13.04
Total £200.92 inc VAT arrived in 2 days Feb 2023 prices

Wheel with tyre 40/85/R18 on Rim 4J 18 H2  £120 new from eBay inc post

total all in £320.92
The tools Jack etc are on eBay If i had known I would have just bought storage then Tools off eBay cutting cost down
My car Audi Q3 F3N Sportback Quattro S Line 45 TFSI Dew Silver 2023 I got Comfort and Sound pack & Driver Assistance Pack I forgot to order spare with it

7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

if it helps it is this one EK72 XFR WAUZZZF31P1029608. 2022 Audi Q3 F3N Sportback S LN BLK ED 40 TFSI Quat SA Turbo Blue its sold now though Just told my local dealer it was car i saw with the bits on they were happy and orederd them
the parts i ordered were (the item numbers are the parts diagram on dealers screen)

Wheel with tyre 40/85/R18 on Rim 4J 18 H2  £120 new from Ebay inc post

total all in £320.92
The tools Jack etc are on ebay If i had known I would have just bought storage then Tools off ebay cutting cost down
My car Audi Q3 F3N Sportback Quattro S Line 45 TFSI Dew Silver 2023 I got Comfort and Sound pack & Driver Assistance Pack I forgot to order spare with it

That's all very useful info. Thanks for giving members the part numbers 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 9:52 AM, ivor bigun said:

Wheel with tyre 40/85/R18 on Rim 4J 18 H2  £120 new from Ebay inc post

total all in £320.92
The tools Jack etc are on ebay If i had known I would have just bought storage then Tools off ebay cutting cost down

I did a small modification I bought a small square of the thin soundproofing pad similar to what is on the boot floor I was not sure whether the wheel wood have metal to metal contact I think the tyre walls sit on the boot floor but is belt and braces the sound proof pad was only £1.  The only extra I forgot is a tyre bag XXXXL size 75cmx26cm fits up  235/30/22 The full size 19 inch will not fit in under floor space so will need to be in the boot Its sods law if you change the wheel it will be a dirty wet day the £9.89 freepost  I bought it from eBay seller "8sola"  will protect your boot Picture its Now fitted in My 2023 The tyre pump and the Sticky glue does all fit in the surround glue top right air comp bottom right plus some gloves to keep hands clean

The other extra on the right is an extending Bolt remover tool this i salvaged from my Q2 and before that the Focus ST3 the standard spanner i found is not long enough to crack the bolts fitted by dealers and tyre fitters.

IMG_0349.JPG

Edited by ivor bigun
change photo add an extra sentence

On 2/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, ivor bigun said:

I did a small modification I bought a small square of the thin soundproofing pad similar to what is on the boot floor I was not sure whether the wheel wood have metal to metal contact I think the tyre walls sit on the boot floor but is belt and braces the sound proof pad was only £1.  The only extra I forgot is a tyre bag XXXXL size 75cmx26cm fits up  235/30/22 The full size 19 inch will not fit in under floor space so will need to be in the boot Its sods law if you change the wheel it will be a dirty wet day the £9.89 freepost  I bought it from eBay seller "8sola"  will protect your boot Picture its Now fitted in My 2023 The tyre pump and the Sticky glue does all fit in the surround glue top right air comp bottom right plus some gloves to keep hands clean

The other extra on the right is an extending Bolt remover tool this i salvaged from my Q2 and before that the Focus ST3 the standard spanner i found is not long enough to crack the bolts fitted by dealers and tyre fitters.

IMG_0349.JPG

Thanks for that additional info 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

hello all,

Does anyone knows is this spare wheel compartment (83A-012-109-H) can be fitted in the 2020 Q3? 

I have called an audi dealer today and he said that this part is not compatible with my car.

But reading through this thread, I have  the feeling that it is..

I think it will they told me it was not compatible with mine but I got the vin and reg from one on the forecourt that had it fitted from new gave them that number and it was no problem they never noticed it was their own car

i think if something was not fitted when built Audi say it’s not compatible 

I have done the use another Vin and reg from a vehicle that has the part fitted

my S1 I got front parking sensors and power fold mirrors from an A1 Sline in the showroom they told me parking sensors did not fit S1 they did

I got rear camera from Q7 again I got the one with the wash Audi said it fit not fit it did they are all same camera mine did not come with one they told me not compatible 

I have a photo of the original boot liner with the dimensions if yours is the same as this then yes it will fit

it is 150mm at the deepest part which is the base of photo

1 meter widest point

940 mm where the trays start near top 

narrowest point at the top of three trays 910 mm

top to bottom on photo 840 mm

i have put post it notes showing measurements 

there are 2 nuts in the speaker fitting well the new one fits in loose and does not need nuts as they wheel is in the way of fastening it you will see there is no provision that’s normal 

obviously the speaker and tools are in the new one

it only weighs about 25 grams really light made from expanded foam

let me know if yours has the same dimensions will be useful for any one else

Check in the door pillar just below stricken plate where the tyre pressures are located it shows the wheel sizes for your car and also the spare wheel size is on there too even though it came with out I will put the photo of mine on shows Spare as T 145/85 R18 and pressure of 4.2 bar 60 psi

make sure you do get the correct size wheel as a wrong size one could invalidate insurance I have Audi Inure and one of the questions is are you using the correct size wheels and tyres Yes box ticked

if the spare was not compatible this info would NOT be on the door pillar 

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_2566.png

Edited by ivor bigun

On 2/18/2023 at 9:54 AM, ivor bigun said:

IMG_0349.JPG

I can put the photos up now as this registration is void now

IMG_2567.png

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

I think it will they told me it was not compatible with mine but I got the vin and reg from one on the forecourt that had it fitted from new gave them that number and it was no problem they never noticed it was their own car

my S1 I got front parking sensors and power fold mirrors from an A1 Sline in the showroom they told me parking sensors did not fit S1 they did

I got rear camera from Q7 again I got the one with the wash Audi said it fit not fit it did they are all same camera mine did not come with one they told me not compatible 

I have a photo of the original boot liner with the dimensions if yours is the same as this then yes it will fit

1 meter widest point

there are 2 nuts in the speaker fitting well the new one fits in loose and does not need nuts as they wheel is in the way of fastening it you will see there is no provision that’s normal 

Check in the door pillar just below stricken plate where the tyre pressures are located it shows the wheel sizes for your car and also the spare wheel size is on there too even though it came with out I will put the photo of mine on shows Spare as T 145/85 R18 and pressure of 4.2 bar 60 psi

make sure you do get the correct size wheel as a wrong size one could invalidate insurance I have Audi Inure and one of the questions is are you using the correct size wheels and tyres Yes box ticked

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_2566.png

Many thanks Ivor, super helpful! I'll check my dimentions and let you guys know. 

By the way, amazing colour!!

Check the door pillar it will tell you if a spare available and what size

and thanks it’s Dew Silver one of the colours with a mind of its own under blue sky gets a blue tint here it has green tint at the Audi dealer it gets a grey tint

Edited by ivor bigun

The old and new outside the dealers The Q2 was the predecessor and that number is void too A guy bought it same week that’s how I took it back showroom condition lol

IMG_9667.jpeg

IMG_9663.jpeg

Edited by ivor bigun

I have had an idea May be I was loosing the plot

i will check if there is a part number on my original boot liner with out spare wheel 

I will post it here if there is and then if you have the same none spare wheel liner you know the replacement will fit 

post this in the morning as I have to go dig out the original again

On 11/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, B.P.Dtephens said:

There is a mystery about spare wheels.When I bought my 2019 Q3, Audi refused to supply it with a spare wheel. I note that you can buy a suitable low profile spare wheel from another supplier but they can not provide a fixing bolt for this car.  My car has a strange fixing arrangement and I don't know how to make use of it.

Anyone have any ideas?

20191105_140301-R.jpg

If you look on eBay the same centre bolt which has like a T piece on the bottom is readily available with the tools or spare wheel right back to 2017 my Q2 from 2017 had same part

any from the VAG Group will do my spare wheel came from a V W Tiguan I think

Seat Audi Skoda VW Lamborghini and Bentley spare wheel holder will fit I think Skoda or Seat are the cheapest but they are all the same part

Edited by ivor bigun

On 3/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, ivor bigun said:

1 meter widest point

The part number of my original boot tray is 83A 012 109M this is the one came with car and has cut out for sub woofer It may be possible there is another liner that does not have spare wheel place and does not have the sub woofer space just trays for storage and tools the dimensions will be the same size to side and front to back So if you have my part number fitted 83A 012 109M or the same dimensions  order This part number A83A 012 109N Stowage Compartment £100.20  from this vehicle I did EK72 XFR WAUZZZF31P1029608. 2022 Audi Q3 F3N Sportback S LN BLK this has the Space Saver cut out and the sub woofer goes in the space saver well.

It seems the letter on the end is the identifier M is for sub woofer N is for spare wheel so this part A83A 012 109 with may be a  K or L or M suffix the chances are the part will be correct just get the N number

On 3/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, ivor bigun said:

IMG_2566.png

83A 012 109M my original 2.jpeg

As new for speaker.jpg

Edited by ivor bigun
typo

On 3/16/2023 at 2:13 PM, Guest said:

1 meter widest point

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_2566.png

Here is a picture of mine with the dimentions. I am guessing it is indeed same, as the half centimetre difference is probably because i measured it inside the boot. 

So i think I am gonna order it.

By the way: it seems that screws that are holding it in place (second picture) are 'audi-special' haven't seen them before. Any idea where i can find a screwdriver for these?

Thanks for the tip on the spare wheel size, mine is also 145/85 R18. 

2023-03-19_19-59-03.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

On 8/29/2020 at 10:51 AM, KAB said:

8N0-012-219 Wrench

IMG_0359.jpg

I've found a spare wheel that's stamped 5QF 601 027

Anybody know the difference between that and 5QF 601 027 B or is it the same?