Creaking

Dave74

Hi people 

I recently bought a 2005 a4 quatro and I have a creaking noise when I first pull away while turning the steering. It's just passed an MOT wiv only a minor advisory not connected to the problem. It doesn't seem to be a problem at the minute but it's more aggravating than anything. Any advice welcome as I dont want to put it in to a garage only to be told its going to cost me my right arm n half my leg too!!!

Thanks people 

• 1 month later...

I've something similar, I reckon get your front suspension checked out at a garage. My front right has a constant issue with the roll bar, and the boot that connects (something) to (something). It's a pain in the backside - I hope you have more luck than I have had in getting it fixed.

For what it's worth, it might be worth checking the bearings on the front wheels too: mine was nearly seized, after it began making a wub wub wub noise, and I dutifully ignored it, and eventually saw my fuel consumption begin to rise!