A6 50 tdi 2019 step off lag

Dalton2085

Hi all

I have just just purchased a 2019 A6 50 tdi AWD. I cant belive the step off lag on the car, if I plant my foot to the floor from a standstill it literally takes a second before it really takes off. Is this a thing or do I need to get it back to the dealer. The stated 0-62 could never be achieved with this throttle delay. It also struggles to engage whne rolling up and away from roundabouts. 

I had a 335d xdrive before this and that had no turbo or throttle delay. 

Can somone please confirm that this is normal or not? 

Thanks in advance 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, Dalton2085 said:

Hi all

I have just just purchased a 2019 A6 50 tdi AWD. I cant belive the step off lag on the car, if I plant my foot to the floor from a standstill it literally takes a second before it really takes off. Is this a thing or do I need to get it back to the dealer. The stated 0-62 could never be achieved with this throttle delay. It also struggles to engage whne rolling up and away from roundabouts. 

I had a 335d xdrive before this and that had no turbo or throttle delay. 

Can somone please confirm that this is normal or not? 

Thanks in advance 

What drive mode do you have it set in? There is a little lag especially if you have coaststed up to a give way junction and then get back on the throttle straight away but any eco mode will hide the majority of your horses.

• 6 months later...

Hi. I have just had my MY2020 A6 Avant 50TDI Quattro’s software updated on 19 May 2020. The difference is immediately obvious and it feels like a different car now. The step off delay seems to have been fixed. Really enjoy driving it now. The previous lag was such a let down.

Edited by AlexR
Typo AT to A6