Help/advice needed

Stevo2009

First time poster. I hope someone can help.

i have a 2009 A4 2.0 TDI ... recently a lot of oil has been running out of the car . I have found it is coming from the bottom of the EGR valve, topside of the engine .. I am aware that there are weep holes on the EGR and that a small amount of escape is expected . But this is a lot of oil to the point where it is dripping from the under tray and onto the drive . Is this is faulty EGR valve that needs replacing ? I’m hoping it is something not more sinister as the turbo. Car drives and sounds great, no white or blue smoke and no whines... 

anyone with any help/tips will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance 

Stevo 

I would say it will be either the egr valve or the anti shudder valve that’s attached to it. I had the same on my b7 and it was the anti shudder valve that’s seals had failed. Replace the unit and all sweet as a nut now

• 2 months later...

Hi hoping for some help, 2007 A4 2.0 tdi, over the Christmas I had the battery unplugged for a few days while I sourced a used alternator and fitted. When I started the car back up the eml and esp was on. I also changed the injector loom shortly after this. Only recently my turbo has been coming in very slowly and at around 3k instead of 2k ish. Then going into limp mode. This was happening intermittently. Had the codes read and was showing a few different things each time, mostly glow plugs, so I’ve just changed them today. Car was fine and running good until I had these changed today. Any ideas? Cheers