P0068 2012 1.8tfsi code

Speckle

Hi all,

This is only my second post very new to this forum so hey all!

Just wanted to find some guidance on a problem I have recently had come up and I don't know where to go with it. 

Car is Audi A5 Cabriolet 2012 1.8 tfsi milage 54,855. 

The code is P0068 (have attached photo stating the codes details). 

Basically it doesnt point my in any direction of it it's the MAP sensor or the MAF sensor. And if it did where are they?

Might sound dumb but I'm no techy by any standard but was just hoping to find some guidance and this one. The photo I've attached is my engine and he area I believe the MAF sensor would be but after doing some research online I seem to not be able to see a MAF sensor?.

Anyone please! 

Help 🤣😂🤣

Ash

pixlr_20191119171847870.jpg

Hello Ash

your particular engine doesn’t have a MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) it relies on a Map (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor) and boost sensor to manage fuel/air mixture.

The MAP sensor is on top of the inlet manifold in your picture and the boost sensor is in the boost pipe from the turbo.

Personally I would get the vehicle scanned using a VAG specific scanner as it will give you a much better and clearer indication of the fault.

VCDS is the enthusiasts choice

Thankyou for the quick reply Gully!

I have been considering for a while one of these VAGCOM readers. Does it bring up more live information like numerical readings?

Are there any ways to self diagnose this issue without the VAG in the meantime? See if I can try to do it myself? I'm not entirely too sure what part of the engine it is that the MAP sensor is in could you possible circle it for me if I've shown it or the area it would be and reupload the image possibly please? 

What are the causes for this issue commonly? And is it okay for this kind of thing to happen with the milage of the vehicle?

Again thanks for the speedy response it's been a massive help.

👍🏆👌

Regards

Ash

You can do a hell of of things with VCDs including data logging,output tests on certain components and very comprehensive fault diagnosis.

Check out the Ross tech site/forums for more info.

Your issues could be caused by a vacuum leak somewhere,so if I was you do a visual check on the pipe work to see if anything obvious crops up.

The last thing you want to do is change components without verification of them being faulty as this can become expensive.

I have circled the position of the MAP sensor on your picture for your referEA4D171C-3B12-4F3E-B35F-373F2ED5ECE6.thumb.jpeg.78d617d2f32b0acae5a936da99f315b0.jpegence  

That's perfect thankyou so much for clearing that up for me. 

I'll investigate further and let you know the results if I find anything or if I have to take it to garage to further diagnose! 

Thanks again! 🎖️🏆🎖️🏆