A6 Allroad suspension

Weejb

Hi there. I'm currently looking to sell my mercedes e350 as I need something with 4 wheel drive that can tow.

I don't really want an SUV type, so am thinking that the A6 Allroad would be a really good option. That said, I'm hearing lots of horror stories on air suspension failures and monstrous repair bills. However, they mostly seem to be on older models. I'm probably looking at a 2014 or 2015 model, so my question is..... Is this age of Allroad susceptible to the same airbag problems or did Audi manage to sort it out?

Any advice really would be most appreciated

Thanks

My colleague has an A7 with air and tows a caravan. I expect any reliability issue will transpire through either wear and tear and miss-use. What do you intend towing as that will dictate what you should be considering as a tow vehicle. MPTW nose weights etc. 

His has not had any major issue although if it is not set up and calibrated on a level surface it can start ping faults up on the dash - this is not due to compressor or VMS in any way rather a reset of settings on less than even surface on the A7 in question. 

Thanks. I'm going to be towing a small boat. The combined weight of the boat and trailer is only about 700kg, so most cars could tow it. It's just for getting down a slip or onto an easy beach

I'm just a bit worried about all the reported airbag failures and repair bills of £1-2k

The A6 All Road sounds ideal. 

A couple of things I would check are Towbar fitment and as always service history of the car in general 

Audi have some clever joined up thinking with later models when it comes to parking sensors and stability control when the car detects a trailer (electrics) attached. Of course this depends on what make and who installs the kit as some fitters have mucked up the suspension leveling calibration causing random errors.