Discs

PhilF

I have a 2012 a3 1.2TFSI convertible which has scored discs. These I am looking to replace but I am having some difficuly working out from the attached pic the codes for the discs. I think one of them is 1KD for the rear, but the other ?. Can anyone locate the correct code please:

Plate.jpg

Hello Philip,

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with the source of your reference sheet. 

What make discs are you intending to buy - genuine VAG or aftermarket?

If aftermarket, what brand? 

Do you want to replace all of them or just fronts or backs? 

Whatever, your supplier should be able to provide you with the correct discs by simply quoting your registration number. 

In some cases, the current disc dia. may be useful additional information, so if you intend to replace these yourself then it might be worth doing a preliminary wheel removal and measurement first. Personally, I would just quote your reg. no. in the first stage or fact finding. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Philip,

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with the source of your reference sheet. 

What make discs are you intending to buy - genuine VAG or aftermarket?

If aftermarket, what brand? 

Do you want to replace all of them or just fronts or backs? 

Whatever, your supplier should be able to provide you with the correct discs by simply quoting your registration number. 

In some cases, the current disc dia. may be useful additional information, so if you intend to replace these yourself then it might be worth doing a preliminary wheel removal and measurement first. Personally, I would just quote your reg. no. in the first stage or fact finding. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks Gareth

Will be replacing both Axles, probably with aftermarket products. Thanks for your input, will use my reg No.

Phil

Thanks Philip,

I would be wary of what brands you are going to buy if going down the aftermarket route. OK, it understandable that we all want to look after the pennies, but sometimes (often) it can be false economy - even in the short term, when discs can exhibit warping characteristics and will need to be replaced. 

More so with some aftermarket brake pads when braking efficiency can be reduced, and rapid wear can be encountered. 

I can give personal opinion and advice experience if you have particular brands in mind - if it helps rather than interferes.

Kind regards,

Gareth.