A7 Black Edition Sport Suspension

Alan G

I purchased a 2015 Audi A7 Black Edition a two and a half years ago, which I love. It came on 21" wheels and 275/30 tyres. Initially, I found the ride quality firm but acceptable, but after a while I became less and less happy with it. It felt harsh on urban roads, which are often poorly surfaced and have potholes and badly repaired road surfaces. I contacted Audi Customer Service to see if anything could be done to improve things, but the reply I got was not helpfull and I was advised that only OE specification parts could be fitted. I left it at that for a while but continued to brouse the internet for information and eventually came accross something on YouTube about cars with sport suspension but not specifically Audi. The piece was promoting Koni Special Active Dampers, which have a dual damping rate and are designed to absorb high frequency shocks while retaining firmness for lower frequency movements. I contacted Koni in the UK to discuss the possibility of fitting these and was advised that dampers designed specifically for the problem I was experiencing were available for my car. Long story short; I have recently had them fitted and they have transformed the ride quality of the car. The jarring has gone but the firmness on the open road is still there and roll stability is unaffected. For the record I have no connection with Koni.

Alan G 

• 2 months later...

Hello Salim, 

The poster has not returned to the forum since he posted on 25Nov. last year. 

It may be better to send him a PM which should get to him via. his e-mail.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to post the information you receive on here.

Kind regards,

Gareth.