Please HELP !!!!

Borat

Hi, I have a 2008 Audi Q7 3.0 Sline and its driving me mad.

Lately i get a wiper motor failure and also auto lights and auto wiper failure on the dash. There is also a rear passenger bulb warning.

This happens first thing in the morning and all clear with either a restart of car or while driving. I have had a garage look at the rain sensor and they said it functions ok.

The scan show communication issues or something along those lines. Today the failure came on and stayed on the dash but the lights and wipers worked where as before i had no lights or wipers until the fault clears. 

Please can anyone help me work out what is causing all this??

Hello David,

Sorry to hear of your issues with this vehicle. 

Now I’m not claiming this is the issue with your car, but warning light illumination can sometimes be caused by poor battery efficiency. Yes, I appreciate the car may start OK, suggesting the battery is serviceable, but....

The vehicle is 11 year old and almost certain to have had a replacement battery - possibly 3 years ago, and that battery may itself now be nearing its aftermarket life, 

What I would do, for zero/ minimal outlay, would be to eliminate the battery as a possible source of warning light illumination. I would suggest it would be useful to fully charge it then get its efficiency checked.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Today the same fault shows auto lights/wiper failure along with wiper malfunction.

The auto lights are on but the wipers just dont work at all only the rear.

Is it possible the wiper motor is broken then as it just will not work today where as before it would clear after a little drive.

I can try a new battery but surely the car is telling me the wiper is broken would that not be the first place to check??

Now its dark the auto Headlights are on outside but the dials inside are off. If i turn the lights to manual both are on. But still no wipers on auto or manual and i have even tried unclipping rain sensor still no wipers. Where before if i unclipped sendor wipers would start working. Also getting the rear pas bulb failure on for a while there is something seriously wrong here