Mick J

Hi, just joined the forum. I have bought a 2006 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro. I'm looking to make sure it is as reliable as possible. I am planning on changing the fuel pump cam follower, oil and filter, air filter and fuel filter and plugs. I have already changed the cabin filter. Is there anything else I should be aware of? Also are there any aftermarket stainless exhaust systems available that are well made and not too loud? Thanks Mick

20191201_143652.jpg

Hello Michael,

One suggestion I would make is to invest in good quality parts if you are going to do this work yourself. Don’t scrimp on costs when benefiting from DIY savings. 

For filters I only use Mann or Bosch ( no exceptions) if not using VAG parts.

Oil - I use the appropriate grade of Quantum Longlife (was/still is? recommended by Audi). 

Brake parts - suggest EBC if not using VAG. 

Consider brake fluid change if not done within last 3 years. 

Kind regards,

Gareth, 

Hello Gareth, Thanks. I have bought a genuine Audi oil filter and Quantum 5w 40 fully synthetic, even though the oil has been changed recently. I haven't bought the fuel filter yet so I will be mindful of your advice. The brakes have just been replaced. Not sure what discs but mintex pads. I will look at changing the fluid after winter. Cheers, Michael

Yes Gareth, I wouldn't have chosen them, but they were fitted along with new discs just prior to me buying the car. I am hoping to have the alloys refurbished soon and I will see what the dust level is like on the newly finished wheels. My son runs EBC pads on his RS4 and rates them highly.

Regards,

Michael