GUY BURDON
聽Share

Hi everyone聽馃榾聽I am a new member, and thanks for admitting me to the group.

I have purchased a yr ago (June 2018) an A3 5dr, 2.0Tdi SE on an April 2008 plate.聽 聽I gather this is called an 8P (pre-facelift as it doesn`t have LED`s)?

I opted for the 6sp manual, with cruise / climate / wood trims/ reversing beeps.

I am so amazed at how there is no noises / clunks / rattles from the car even on bumpy roads! and everything feels taught and precise.

all my electrics extras work fine, and I am really happy with the car. My wife doesn`t like the central locking having to be pressed more than once to do all drs tho`.

on a gentle plod @ 50mph on cruise on A roads, I achieved 63mpg (got a pic of it somewhere?) which I was astounded it had done!

My Engine code is BKDC48082 which I believe is a 138bhp?聽 But TUNIT Performance say it is logged at 178BHP on their data base and DVLA?聽 How can I tell which it is? is it 16v or 8v engine?

any advice on this engine thing is greatly received 馃檪

I would def get another one next time around as after a yr of this one I`m well hooked on Audis 馃檪

Audi-Fr.jpg

Audi-Drivers view.jpg

Audi-RH.jpg

Hi Guy....welcome to the Forum

The BKD engine is a 16 valve and the power output for this range of engines is listed in the Wiki link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines

I would advise that you ensure the maintenance tasks are carried in a timely manner and using quality parts as there have been failures within certain engine components since inception and although they are easily rectifiable and relatively cheap to resolve it is just more of an inconvenience than anything.

Good to have you onboard

Thanks for replying Trevor.

I had the Belts, tensioners , and water pump changed just to be sure last Summer. I will do about 6k a yr as I have some other vehicles also.

found my MPG pic. is this average or well good?

63.6MPG.jpg