A4 Convertible Roof Problem

Martyn85

Hi guys, hoping someone could shed some light for me I've recently had a a4 convertible, the roof unlatches and that's about it. I cleaned the bushes on the motor still the same. Done manual reset still nothing. Thing that's got me thinking is I can hear a noise when you put the switch into open which is confusing me a bit. Is the motor gone is it ok? Hope somebody could give some advice. Thanks 

Hello Martin,

Someone from the Worcestershire area posted a roof issue yesterday, and I suggested to try Jack Smith at Swansea as a worth a phone call first attempt. 

Your location as ‘Wales’ may render seeing them an impractical option, if you are up north, but...

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE-Got the roof going now change the motor, but at another dead end now the roof starts to fold up but the rear storage compartment where the roof folds into wont open. Has anyone had this issue before? Done manual reset a few times. I've taken a few photos from vcds that I done today if anybody could shed some light for that would be great. 

Thanks 20200115_144032.thumb.jpg.55d5daa564efa135010644475916a559.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=5c3fc8f17ce3dc25

20200122_160003.jpg

20200122_160305.jpg

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, GRIFF said:

do queries get resolved on this forum?

Unfortunately, not all members posting in the forums ever return with a solution to the fault.
Also, it's always good if other members who have experienced the same issues can respond to add their input or even to discuss the problem in order to find a solution.

49 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Unfortunately, not all members posting in the forums ever return with a solution to the fault.
Also, it's always good if other members who have experienced the same issues can respond to add their input or even to discuss the problem in order to find a solution.

indeed - but initial look through this forum shows plenty of listed problems, however little apparent interest shown

Is there a section on 3.0 tdi potential flaws / mapping?

21 minutes ago, GRIFF said:

indeed - but initial look through this forum shows plenty of listed problems, however little apparent interest shown

Is there a section on 3.0 tdi potential flaws / mapping?

I know, it looks bad, although the forums get plenty of views its just the participation that is lacking at the moment.

Did a quick search (within the forum search bar) for 3.0TDI problems and mapping....hopefully some useful info in amongst them
https://www.audiownersclub.com/search/?&q=3.0tdi problems&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

https://www.audiownersclub.com/search/?&q=3.0 tdi mapping&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Hello Griff, 

Of course, all forums depend on a two way dialogue, and sometimes posters raise a question, and don’t return. I can’t excuse lack of responses, but I’m sure you will appreciate that trying to diagnose the cause of an issue, without being able to inspect the vehicle, and armed simply with a brief description of the problem, can be a tall order. 
I notice you post in relation to a 13 month old post, and I wonder if you have a similar issue with your car, or your comments are just picked up as a general opinion. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.