First Audi and First Post

ekimj10

Just to say hello and I have just taken over a 2007 A3 Auto Sportback 2.0 fsi in amazing condition for it's age. So far very impressed with the quality and finish and will post some pics soon I hope.

Two problems I've had sorted was the rear window wiper leaking and causing alarm system to fail (common fault I understand) and the second was horrible rattle from rear drivers side which turned out to be a plastic water diverter adjacent to the rear brake? at least that's what the mechanic called it, anyway removed from both sides and a world of difference.

No intentions of modifying except to add fog lamps and use them as DRL's if not too difficult or expensive.

Hi Mike....welcome to the Forum

Hopefully you can resolve the issues and carry on the enjoyment of owning and driving the A3

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,   Trevor

Thanks for the welcome, I have been a member of the Z4 Forum for quite a while but no longer have a Z4, found it too difficult getting in/out unless the roof was down.

Anyway a photo of the car I now own.

audi a3.jpg

• Like 1

Wow!  it looks in incredible condition for its age!

I own a Z3 and I know what you mean....in fact I love the car but it does make me feel very old getting in and out of it nowadays 🙂

Hi Trevor,

I had a Z3 before I changed for a Z4, great cars and might go back to one sometime.

The Audi is in excellent condition, had the garage give it a machine polish and when new it was treated with one of those ceramic? coatings which salesmen are always trying to flog you.

I'm the third owner and it's covered 63000 miles. The only thing internally was the aluminium door trims near the door openers were badly scratched by someone wearing a ring or something, got the rear trim from a UK breaker and the front trim from USA! 

• Like 1