Concert 1 radio dead pixels

dalvlunmod

Hi! My Concert 1 radio in my Audi A6 C5 has had dead pixel problems for a long time and I suspect it's the ribbon.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a cheap replacement ribbon cable and maybe help me reinstall it?

One thing I've noticed is that one cold morning, when I went to start the car, the radio LCD was completely on, but the digital time/date display in the cluster was "dead". While the car heated up, the time/date display started working, but the radio LCD's pixels started dying. Maybe the ribbon for the radio was frozen and while it heated up, it disconnected from the LCD?

I've tried looking for old Concert 1 radios for sale, but in my country there are only a few and they cost too much. What I wanted to do was to grab the whole faceplate from them and attach it to mine, but the only ones I found for sale didn't have the display on in the picture and I couldn't risk paying for garbage that wouldn't work.

Thanks a lot in advance!