New Member plus a new Audi a3 2014 Owner - Audi tire suggestions

Ain ul haq

Hey everyone, I recently bought a new ride for my self, its a 2014 Audi a3 and i must say i love the comfortable ride. Although i feel it struggles with acceleration and road grip. p.s iv been driving a Toyota Altise before and i if compare the two rides, Altise was way more quick and had awesome road grip. Do you guys have any suggestions? I believe i am having issues with my tires. i found this pitstoparabia onine store and quite confused on what tires to buy. 

Hi....welcome to the Forum

You could try a lower profile and better quality make of tyre which should provide a better grip...assuming its not too sandy on the road surface in Dubai.

Good to have you onboard

14 hours ago, Trevor said:

Hi....welcome to the Forum

You could try a lower profile and better quality make of tyre which should provide a better grip...assuming its not too sandy on the road surface in Dubai.

Good to have you onboard

I just want to know which ones are more suitable i found a few options on pitstoparabia which is a well known tire store here. Should go with the same continental primacys or do you recommend any others?

Hello Ain, 

Unfortunately you don’t give us a lot of information to assist with an explanation for why you currently consider the grip to be substandard.

Information such as the brand of tyres currently fitted, whether the tyre makes are matching ( at last on the same axle) and hopefully on all four wheels, thread depth, and the obvious confirmation that the tyres pressures have been checked according to the specified pressures, and above all, your typical driving style - which appears to be ‘enthusiastic’. 

Even from there, I think this UK forum may still struggle to to give you sound advice, since road holding issues here, are normally associated with wet roads in our typical climates. Pardon my ignorance, but I am guessing that discontents with road holding in Dubai are not under these conditions, and are more likely to be under sandy conditions which Trevor refers to in his reply. 

I doubt if this is going to be of any help, but our older A3 has mainly been run on Michelin (OE fitment at the time) and have never disappointed -road holding wise- although they do appear to get noisier as they wear. It is latterly being run on Continental Contact 5 which I’m judging will not give the same wear mileage. Both these brands have not disappointed road holding wise when driven in an ‘ordinary’ style. 

You mention ‘continental primacy’, but sorry, my experience points to Primacy being a name used by Michelin, and of course Continental has its own ‘names’ such as the above mentioned ‘Contact’. Of course, tyre branding may be different in the UK. 

Trevor mentioned lower profile tyres, but fitting such will effect ride quality, and if you do decide on this, you will have to find out whether  wider tyres will safely fit your wheels - and the car. Or you will have to fit larger diameter wheels, since the overall outside diameter of wheel and tyres must remain the same, to avoid gearing differences. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.m

Apologies, Ain, but as an A3 owner, there is little more I can add.

Hopefully others might be able to help further. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.m