Gearbox failure - No reverse gear( can continue driving)

Ady_Ldn

Hi all,

Yesterday experienced for the first time the dreaded error No reverse gear( can continue driving) and wasn’t able to reverse and could drive just in 1st, 3rd and 5th - see picture attached

This morning when I started the car up the fault didn’t came back but when I wanted to leave an hour later it came back.

I have already a booking with audi for a gearbox service and a oil service.

Could you advise me on what to expect?

The car barely covered 44k almost.

The gearbox oil service might sort it out or it will be a case of replacing the mechatronic unit?

Any advise will be appreciated

C9F657F0-94D5-4006-B893-5B4303EB8318.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I had a the same message and same issues after having put it through a service at my local garage. Their initial suggestion was that it must be a gear box problem but I bluntly told them it was not a problem when I brought the car into the garage.

They decided to look further and I suggested they look at the oil as the car computer was stating it was too full. Anyway they checked the whole car redcued the oil level and suddenly all was good again. Although they couldn't confirm what the actul issue was, it is all back to normal and the oil level confirms it is now just under max.

I'm guessing its some form of fail safe system to stop you driving too far when something is wrong, I am relieved as I have read some horry stories of new gear boxes etc.

• Like 2