Headlight bulb on dashboard.

SME

Stupid question alert!!!

I have a 2006 A3 2.0 TDI. Only had it a few weeks and I have noticed that when I turn the headlights on there is no headlight symbol on the dash, is this normal? High beam comes on when I put lights up, but no green light to indicate if lights are on or not. 

The lights all work and the switch illuminates when you turn lights on, but nothing on the dash.

It's my first audi, had a few golfs in the past, always had the light on the dash with every car I've owned.

Mot due in march so want to make sure it's normal before I take it somewhere to look for it!!!

Cheers, 

Sarah.

I have a 2010 2.0 TDi, and mine only has the blue full beam symbol too. The only notification I have of lights being on, is the light switch itself lighting up where it is pointing, but you can't see it, because your right hand is in the way! Same goes for the front and rear foglights, no visible sign on the dashboard. Seems to be a bit of an oversight really.

9 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Mine is a 2007 model and has the main beam and dipped beam lights on the dash. I would expect yours to be the same. Do all the other warning lights illuminate when the ignition is first switched?

Yes they do, I've had it plugged in and no fault codes come up.

5 hours ago, greysquirrel said:

I have a 2010 2.0 TDi, and mine only has the blue full beam symbol too. The only notification I have of lights being on, is the light switch itself lighting up where it is pointing, but you can't see it, because your right hand is in the way! Same goes for the front and rear foglights, no visible sign on the dashboard. Seems to be a bit of an oversight 

Fingers crossed mine is the same, as I've been throwing money at it since I got it, hoping I won't need to spend any more!!

Thanks Cliff, I was just worried there was something else wrong with my nightmare car,  I think it was you who commented on my bonnet problem, a couple of weeks back, since then starter motor went so took it in and they sorted both problems, picked it up today and bonnet still wont open, so back to the garage I go!!!

Fortunately it wont cost me anything this time!!!