A6 Avant 2014 map updates

Rob Groom

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help?

I'm looking to update my A6 Avant 2014 map sd card but there are no updates through the system on the car or online.

Does anyone know how i can update the sd card without having to go to a dealer and pay ridiculously high prices?

Hi Rob, looks like I have just joined a few hours after you! I'm based in Germany and had the same frustrating problem. However, I stumbled upon this which I might try. Audi here want 6 hours and 500 Euros for a map update that doesn't even include spilt screens with lane indicators (which my Garmin from 2011 does and my VDO dayton back in 1998 did!!!) and want 500 Euros too. Madness. Check out this link: 

https://getnavigationdvd.com/category/audi-maps/a6/

Scroll down to "Audi MMI 3G Plus Navigation Maps SD card DOWNLOAD"

Kind regards

Mike.

upbeat100@yahoo.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Hey, 

I just bought off eBay for 79 pound, actual Audi Sd cards not cheap copies, brand new sealed.  He sends you step by step on hoe to do it, I'm a total novice and had no issues doing it my self and saved a fortune !

Most upto date firmware sd card 

Maps 2020 sd card 

Activation sd card 

Sellers name: vagnav

Screenshot_20200409-075843_eBay.jpg

• 2 months later...

@ThomasG Hi Thomas, do you mean you downloaded from an online source onto a shop bought SD card and then installed in the car? I have done the same previously a couple of times in my previous Mk7 Golf R and it was straight forward - but I have read that the new maps/SD needs to be 'activated' or similar at a Dealer which costs a significant amount - is that the case???

Thanks!