Q5 hybrid battery range

MTBNewbie

Hi all

Sorry if there is already a thread for this, I did search but couldn’t find anything.

Had my Q5 hybrid for a couple of weeks now and I’m struggling with the range I’m getting from the batteries, especially in EV mode.

Fully charged my car over night on Thursday (12.4kw/hr) when I got in the car the range was stated as 30 miles. As I drove off the drive the range dropped to 24 miles even though I had set the driving mode to hybrid. 
Based on my calculations I’m only going to get about 10 miles from a full charge even though I’m only pootling around town and driving to and from my office (half a mile away).

I’m driving purposely carefully to try and protect my range.

what experiences do others have? Should I be speaking to Audi?

thanks

Hello Laurence, 

Welcome to the forum. 

I (think!) I recall something similar towards the tail end of last year. 

Being a cynical old so and so, are we into similar territory to that of manufacturer’s quoted mpg figures - which might (in caps) be achievable under ‘laboratory’ conditions? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Laurence, 

Welcome to the forum. 

I (think!) I recall something similar towards the tail end of last year. 

Being a cynical old so and so, are we into similar territory to that of manufacturer’s quoted mpg figures - which might (in caps) be achievable under ‘laboratory’ conditions? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Magnet

I fear this is the case. I’m only getting 10 or 12 miles when a charge that I’m paying for tells me I should be getting high 20’s. 
I will contact Audi when I have a bit more data.

Hi, new owner of Q5 hybrid this week. My range is OK, getting 18-20 however i'm having problems with the speed of charging. It's quoted as 4 mile range per hour from a standard 13A 3 pin plug but mine is charging at half that rate!!!  I've tested the plug output and that's fine so have contacted Audi to get their comments on it!

Slight OT, but i didn't spec the reversing camera which, in hindsight, was a mistake, i got quoted £800 to get a retrofit one (to full Audi spec and integrated to the MMI) but as the options list quotes it at £450 (albeit you can't actually order it separately, it must be part of a pack) does anyone have any recommendations for a retro fit one at a more reasonable cost?

• 6 months later...

I've had my A7 TFSIe for a month now.  We're getting around 25miles to a charge on pure electric.  We've done the following to "help" with the range:

- Turn off air conditioning to the rear seats

- Put the car in "efficient" mode.

The MMI can show what the main power consumers are, so you might find that helps reduce battery load thereby improving driving range.

Of course... if we're not doing a short pootling journey, the car goes into dynamic mode and we use the battery to provide the full 360bhp... sod the environment!!!