handbrake and starting

mogsy

My B8 has just started not releasing the handbrake when pulling away and also I have to depress the clutch pedal twice to start, I bought a copy of elsawin and I see the clutch sensor has a connection to the handbrake module, does anyone have any experience of this, I suppose the fault could be in either.

VCDS does not show any faults.

• 1 month later...

Just to answer myself, replaced the clutch master cylinder, car now starts ok, handbrake releases ok, gearchange recommendation has returned and strangely the radiator fan which was starting when the engine was switched off is also now normal, strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mogsy said:

Just to answer myself, replaced the clutch master cylinder, car now starts ok, handbrake releases ok, gearchange recommendation has returned and strangely the radiator fan which was starting when the engine was switched off is also now normal, strange.

Hi

Thanks for updating.

I have a similar issue with cruise control and e-brake auto-release not working (see post link below)

I wasn't sure whether the clutch pedal had a micro switch or whether the switch  was in the clutch master cylinder.

Did you replace the CMC (clutch mater cylinder) yourself or a was it done by a garage?

If DIY is it a big job?

How much did it cost?

Thanks

)

My garage charged me 2 hrs and said it looked an awkward job but turned out to not be that bad, you could diy

The switch is on the master cylinder and is not available as a seperate item even though it is removable from the assembly.

Audi wanted £170 for cylinder, I got this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233428279963

• Like 1