Trying to find my old Audi

steven016

Bit of a long shot but here goes. I sold my Audi A4 in August 19 due to a lack of time to get it mot'd. I now regret doing this.

I have checked with dvla and no logbook has been issued since Jan 18, which was by me.

I know it was sold via Coparts auction and subsequently is currently mot'd and taxed.

If anyone comes across GN57WVV Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line for sale, can they let me know as I am wanting to buy it back.

Last known location is Bexhill On Sea.

Many thanks.

Hello Steven,

I sympathise with your regret of parting with this car. 

DVLA used to pass on correspondence to current owners for a small fee (but not disclosing current ownership) but not any longer. 

If you have reason to believe it is currently/was in Bexhill on Sea, then it would be worth contacting the local weekly publications there, and placing a notice in the paper - along lines of ..’previous owner wishes to contact current owner’.

Could be worth a try. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Many thanks for the suggestion. It is certainly worth a try. I think the moral of this is never act on impulse as it will be regretted. I have dragged out a picture of it. Happy memories.

20150821_160505.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello Steven, so sorry for your situation. You could also try making a post on just Audi avants Facebook page and other respective Facebook pages. I'll also keep an eye out for you on the various pages. 

Cheers

Steve

Many thanks for the suggestions. Having spent several hours today on the A4 B7 group page on Facebook, I have found the name of the person who bought it from Coparts. I also found his original post on that group asking for suggestions to it's value. Hopefully I will follow up on this when time permits.

1 hour ago, steven016 said:

Many thanks for the suggestions. Having spent several hours today on the A4 B7 group page on Facebook, I have found the name of the person who bought it from Coparts. I also found his original post on that group asking for suggestions to it's value. Hopefully I will follow up on this when time permits.

I do hope you do find it, please keep.us posted 🙂 did you post in the just Audi avants page? If not, do you want me to do.it on your behalf? 

I'll put a post on our Facebook group if you'd like? 

Cheers

Steve

It’s strange that on DVLA it is showing taxed and has clearly been taxed again since you sold it yet like you say the last V5 issue was 2018?! The reason I say this is surely therefore it is still registered in your name- how could it have got retaxed since?