Alarm beeping

QuattroMark

About 3 months ago while my car was parked outside work - what i thought was the alarm started sounding - It was a regular beep ( about 1 per second) and it seemed to be coming from the RHS underneath the scuttle panel under the bonnet. The beeping went on for about 20 seconds - stopped for 10 seconds and then carried on. No matter what i did i could not stop this. I unlocked the car with the fob - locked the car - beeping still there. It would just not stop. There were NO indicators flashing which i thought was odd considering the alarm was going off.

I decided to leave it to see what it did - after about an hour it stopped beeping but the indicators were flashing! when i returned an hour after this episode everything seemed ok.

I scanned with VCDS but no fault codes.

A couple of weeks later the same thing happened around 7PM - the car had been parked for about 1 hr. Again nothing would stop the beeping - so i started the car up and left it running for about 2 minutes ( still beeping at this time) - turned the car off and locked with the key fob - the beeping stopped. Did another VCDS scan, nothing recorded.

Everything has been fine until 1:30 AM this morning! - started beeping - nothing would stop it - tried disabling the interior monitoring ( switches on the B pillar) - started the engine for 2 minutes - hey presto the beeping stopped. Another VCDS scan - nothing recorded!

Anybody any ideas?

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved!!!

It turns out that the alarm horn has an internal battery - which is prone to leaking all over the PCB inside.

Took me ages to find it - It was tucked up by the nearside A pillar - behind the ECU plastic box. The only bit you can see is a bolt, the horn itself is completely hidden.

Had to remove the scuttle panel, both wiper arms, the windscreen deflector panel and finally remove the lid of the ECU container!

Replacement off eBay was £16!!

Mark

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

My car was doing same deeping Thought it was alarm but it was super werid sound to be an  alarm so month later my car burn down to ashes i recon that deeping is smth like signal that theres some electrical dysfunction or smth. Neiberghour said They hear same deeping before or while it was catching fire... 😑