A4 convertible windscreen trim

Audi56789

Hi all,

I’m new here and hoping you may be able to help me please. In ‘storm Dennis’ a piece of trim on my 2007 A4 convertible has flown off. It’s the black edging/trim around the upper outside of the windscreen. Does anyone know where I can buy this from please?

ive tried searching eBay etc but can only find the whole silver casing. I only need the black piece of trim that slots in from the outside. Is there a separate part number does anyone know?

maybe I am using the wrong wording to search?

Thanks in advance 

Hello Jez,

I take it you don’t want to buy a new piece then. 

If you want to buy used, then you could register your want with online breaker’s systems such as Partsfinder (there are more). You simply register your want - I would suggest describing it as Windscreen Trim - and sit back and wait for beakers to contact you directly. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks Gareth, that’s really helpful. I will give it a go. I don’t mind if it’s new or used, just struggling to find one!

i did manage to contact a breakers yard this morning who said I can go for a rummage, although they think they only have earlier models, so not sure this trim is the same. Does anyone know if the shape changed between the 2007 and whatever it’s predecessor was? Very niche question I know!

thanks again

Thanks for coming back Jez.

I you don’t mind buying new, it would be worth calling to your nearest dealer, and they should be able to help you to at least identity the part name, and advise whether it’s a stand alone item, or part of a larger section of trim. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.