Going through from tyres

Bekwud

Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for asking the question, but from the absolute minimum of information you give us, I think it’s going to be impossible to get meaningful replies.

Trying to introduce a bit of humour into this, it might be worth visiting the doctor if you have an appetite for eating tyres! 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

Ha ha love it thanks for the response. I will add some more meat to the bones (and eat that instead)! I can not actually see how to edit the post however ..... any advice :s

So I don't do actually do many miles per year at all in my car. It is an auto so I am not wheel spinning (on purpose anyway). It is a sportback and the profiles are low but the car is well maintained and pressures checked regularly. The wheels are always balanced/tracked when they're replaced. So I seem to have to change the front two and change the front two again, followed by replacing all four and then back onto changing the front tyres again. They really don't seem to be lasting me very long at all. I always buy a decent brand. Is there something I am missing as of course they are not cheap! Thanks guys.

Thanks Rebecca, 

Getting there very quietly:- 

Annual mileage? (MOT certs./online system will tell you).

Do the tyres wear evenly across the width of the thread? 

Make/s of tyres used - and size would be useful? 

Typical journeys made? - small mileages around towns, motorways, typical speeds, last-minute braking or gentle braking? Occasional rapid acceleration or not, enthusiastic driving around corners or not? 

You seem to indicate that fronts are wearing quicker than rears - correct? If so, how long do rears wear? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.