new a7 owner

Spally

hello, just bought an a7 3.o tdi with the rmc mmi system. its got a 2015 sd sat nav card but want the upto date one. is the £200 audi one the only one you can get? is the apple play with apps like waze a better option? thanks in advance

Lee

Hi Lee,
I tend to use Waze, its more uptodate and the much cheaper option. 
When I got my 2012 the maps had not been updated so I got some of eBay that came easy to load with full instructions but have not bothered since as use the mobile.

Happy motoring, Cheers 
M

Hello Lee,

I’m sorry no one has replied to your post. As frustrating as this must be, I think that if this fell within the experience bank of those who try to help out on here, then forum members would take their time to respond. 

If I had an answer I would tell you, but I don’t, and to be honest, I don’t really have an answer to your last-line question either, but would support the forum principle that advice is generally given freely by folks who give their time and share their knowledge without any charge - and very often without any acknowledgement. 

Apologies Lee. Let’s hope your nudge prompts someone to help you out. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

There you go - Mark has kindly come along while I was replying,  so perhaps you could let us know whether his assistance has been of any benefit to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanky111 said:

Hi Lee,
I tend to use Waze, its more uptodate and the much cheaper option. 
When I got my 2012 the maps had not been updated so I got some of ebay that came easy to load with full instructions but have not bothered since as use the mobile.

Happy motoring, Cheers 
M

thankyou mark, do you just use your phone then or do you have appleplay or something like that?

regards

Lee

I just use the phone the MMI on mine doesn't support Android Auto or AppleCar so am left with little choice. 
While I had a Q2 loaner I used the Android Auto which was a lot easier - about the only thing I liked on that car.