Help needed please

Adams A4

Hi I'm new on here I have a 2001 Audi A4 saloon 1.8t Quattro engine code avj have been told by aa that engine is dead just wondering if there is any other engines that will fit straight in eg bfb,Bex or anything else as seems to struggle trying to find a avj engine at reasonable price can reuse all ancillaries off old engine just want some help with seeing if theres anything else out there that will fit 

Many thanks in advance 😊

• 2 months later...

I’m new on here too and new to Audi’s but I’d imagine that most engines would slot straight in the only obstacle I can see would be your wiring loom and engine management unit

when I started looking for my A4 Convertible I did look at the 1.8 and noticed that the 1.8t unit was probably the most developed So I’d imagine that each variant would differ enough to affect compatibility although this is just an assumption but there are a vast number of knowledgeable guys on here who could confirm or dismiss my assumptions 

good look