Hi All. 

I have recently purchased my first Audi Q7 (65 plate/new model) and have an issue with the offside rear folding seat in the boot space.

when operating the electric switch on either of the 3 locations to raise or lower the seat, whilst it is receiving power and attempting to move, something is holding it firmly in place. with a bit of a nudge at the exact moment the button is pressed, I can get it to nudge forward/back (depending inits starting position) and the seat will operate as its supposed to, however I am concerned that this is not practical nor good for the seat itself in the long term. 

seems to me that there is some sort of locking mechanism holding the seat in place that is not being released when the power starts. 

I will add that the vehicle was only purchased in the last 10 days from a main Audi dealer and they have advised booking it into my local dealer to have it looked at, so I know that the likelihood is that this will get fixed under its 12 month used warranty. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever had similar issues. 

thanks in advance

No issues for my Q7, (had it for 10 months now). I would say that there is something inside the mechanism but as it is so newly purchased from Audi used, it will get fixed.

Annoying though.

• Like 1